Click to start your application
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Prerequisities: ≥ 3.0 GPA, Biochemistry, Biochemistry or Biology Major with completion of Biochemistry and at least one semester of applicable laboratory course work.
The Leads Discovery & Optimization (LDO) is a dynamic organization that supports the entire continuum of drug discovery (from lead identification to clinical candidate delivery) at Bristol Myers Squibb. The organization leverages state of the art technologies, complemented by deep subject matter expertise and broad scientific knowledge, to deliver innovative and comprehensive preclinical in vitro datasets to support our drug discovery pipeline in disease areas such as cell therapy, oncology, immunology, fibrosis and cardiovascular diseases.
The Biochemistry & Biophysics Team in LDO Cambridge is seeking a highly motivated Co-Op in biochemistry. The incumbent will be tasked to carry out biochemical assays and work on expression and purification of recombinant proteins. The initial appointment is 12 months.
Co-Op Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute assay runs on the interactions of small molecules and recombinant protein.
- Develop biochemical and biophysical assays for the project as needed.
- Keep track of and report results for compounds run in the assays.
- Maintain an accurate notebook on protein used, compounds obtained and run, assay developed, and results.
- Create presentations on the work developed and present them in group meetings.
- Follow safety procedures and contribute to the maintenance of a clean and sterile laboratory environment.
Co-Op Requirements and Qualifications
- Currently enrolled in a biochemical, biophysical or related field of study in undergraduate or graduate studies.
- Good organizational and note keeping skills
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Proficient computer skills: Powerpoint, Word, Excel
- Eagerness to learn new techniques and willing to follow instructions and protocols
- Familiarity with biochemistry lab equipment: Pipets, plate readers, etc.
- Good time management
- Ability to function independently within project teams.
- Ability to reliably execute on team responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- A high degree of self-motivation fueled by a fundamental interest in contributing to science in general, and drug discovery in particular.
- Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
- Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Click to start your application