A Data Solutions Architect is a hands-on technical leader who architects, designs and delivers Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and Big Data Solutions for multiple functional areas for Brigham Health. The architect will define the solution roadmap, determine the resources needed to execute and lead the development and delivery of a wide range of data products. They will combine a deep knowledge of business analytics and technical mastery in related tools such as data warehouse, visualization and ETL tools, to own and deliver the right solution for the right business problem. They have knowledge of leading trends and best practices in Big Data and Business Intelligence and build expert level understanding of tools and technology utilized by the group to provide self-service BI. The architect will move fast, adapt quickly, and leave a lasting mark through the new solutions they deliver!
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Work within a matrixed analytics organization, exerting influence based on technical mastery and establishing relationships to implement innovative solutions for business analytics at Brigham Health.
- Own and develop innovative solutions for Brigham’s business intelligence technical architecture, design and implementation of big data platforms and business analytics solutions to empower stakeholders to solve their data driven analytics and reporting needs.
- Design and implement appropriate data architecture, data pipelines, reporting, dashboarding, data exploration, processes and quality controls to enable accurate and timely self-service Business Intelligence for Brigham staff.
- Identify and implement solutions to allow for the development of business intelligence solutions within the analytics team in a more efficient manner, reducing the cycle time for projects, thereby improving the turnaround of insights to the organization.
- Lead initiatives to develop custom, self-service BI solutions to help solve complex business challenges we face every day.
- Act as a subject matter expert for technical guidance, solution design and best practices within the analytics team, driving improvements in the quality, supportability, usability, and impact to the organization.
- Work with end users, ARI analysts, technical staff, and project team members to plan, design, develop, implement, and enhance business analytics capabilities using Tableau’s Business Intelligence tools.
- Support business intelligence developers in the analytics organization in managing our BI infrastructure, servers, upgrade projects, dashboard and ETL development, as well as code reviews.
- Develop, implement, and govern a set of standards, best practices, and code and peer review processes for the analytics organization to adhere to which maintain the quality and readability of delivered content.
- Triage, troubleshoot and resolve report issues from end users as well as support data integrity tickets.
- Keep current on big data and data visualization technology trends, evaluate, perform proof-of-concepts, and make recommendations on technologies based on their merit.
- Develop a technical center of excellence within the analytics organization through training, mentorship, and process innovation.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree preferably in the area of computer science, business analytics, management information systems or similar; masters degree is beneficial.
- Must possess 10 or more years’ experience with Business Intelligence architecture and development skills, preferably with Tableau and SQL Server. Other BI tool knowledge is transferrable and candidates will be considered with similar toolset skills.
- Some experience with big data tools and architecture
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be capable of working independently with limited to no supervision.
- Must be able to identify, triage, and resolve or dispatch issues.
- Must be willing to contribute to and foster a team player culture where all are encouraged and willing to share information accurately.
- Must possess strong data analysis skills and be able to perform data analysis using SQL or similar methods
- Working knowledge of HTML, ASP (1.0) and ASP.NET(1.0, 2.0) using Vb script and Java script is a plus, but not required
- Experience in health care a plus, but not required
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated success working with stakeholders and implementing end-to-end data solutions including data model, data pipelines and Business Intelligence products to solve complex analytics requirements.
- Solid experience in designing and implementing DW Architectures, OLAP technologies, Star-schema, Snowflake schema and Aggregation Techniques.
- Experience in development of custom built BI and big data reporting solutions using tools like Tableau, Qlik, OBIEE, Cognos, MicroStrategy, Business Objects.
- Experience architecting database management systems with traditional and big data technologies such as Oracle, SQL Server, Hadoop, Spark, MongoDB.
- Advanced SQL and programming experience with at least one language such as Python, SAS, or R highly desired.
- Experience as a technical lead or other mentorship role.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Management or other engineering or quantitative discipline field.
- Skilled problem solver with the desire and proven ability to create innovative solutions.
- Flexible and adaptable attitude; disciplined to manage multiple projects and adjust to diverse environments.
- Responsible for contributing to and strategically planning the roadmaps for Business Intelligence and data transformation solutions
- Experience in designing and building dashboards, visualizations, and analytics.
Fast paced office environment that requires teamwork, collaboration, and flexibility.
May have some fiscal responsibilities as it relates to managing budgets for large projects where applicable.