BRAYN is looking for a new BRAYNiac! Interested in joining our dynamic team?
BRAYN Consulting LLC is a consulting firm that supports CPA firms and their clients in taking full advantage of specialty tax credits and incentives. We are currently a small firm but growing at a fast pace and we need high quality talent. We serve primarily closely-held, mid-sized companies that allows our partners and staff to experience a penumbra of issues, challenges and opportunities than those afforded by Big-4 or Top 10 Accounting Firm.
BRAYN will be the preeminent specialty tax incentives firm by harnessing technology, emotional intelligence, and experience to optimize value for clients and BRAYNiacs alike.
Job Title: Tax Consultant – Remote
Summary: Tax Consultant will assist tax managers and partners with limited supervision in completing tax incentive studies for a variety of clients
· Complete studies for the R&D tax credit, as well as other specialty incentives as needed
· Obtain and analyze client data using Excel models,
· Write detailed reports and narratives,
· Research, understand, and analyze many internal revenue codes, treasury regulations, tax court cases, and other cases
· Document, review, and assemble comprehensive work product for review by IRS and FTB examiners
· Perform site visits for clients as needed around the country
· Interview clients in-person, over the phone, and via e-mail
· Work remotely from home office
· Communicate and interact directly with clients, CPAs, administrative staff, partners, and CEO about project status, etc.
Skills & Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Law or related field required
· Previous experience with R&D tax credit projects in quantification and documentation preferred
· Candidate who is pursuing a CPA license preferred
· Some travel required (about 10% of work time traveling)
· Time management and attention to detail
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task on a variety of tasks and projects
· Clear written and verbal communication skills, strong documentation skills
· Strong client interaction skills
· Self-starter, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude and a good sense of humor
· Must have reliable transportation and secure work location
· Huge room for growth and advancement
· Learn to perform studies for a variety of tax incentives, such as the R&D tax credit, 199D Deduction, 179D Deduction, Cost Segregation, and more
· Work with an experienced, close-knit team that emphasizes work-life balance and personal growth and development
· Work from home, flexible schedule
· 401K, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance available
· Permissive bonuses
· Salary commensurate with experience
Interested? Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to Jacqueline Valle at email@example.com