About this Job
As an Engineering Associate, you will assist project managers and partners with limited supervision in completing tax incentive studies for a variety of clients. You will support the team and our clients on a regular basis and be an essential component of our growing practice. This is a remote position.
• Complete studies for Cost Segregation, 179D Energy Efficient Commercial Building Deductions, 45L Energy Efficient Home Credit as well as other specialty incentives as needed.
• Perform energy modeling analyses for 179D studies
• Perform takeoffs using construction drawings and site inspections
• Estimate unit costs using industry standard techniques, RS Means, and other industry costing data
• Analyze construction cost ledgers, contractor payment applications, and other cost documentation
• Write detailed reports and narratives,
• Document, review, and assemble comprehensive work product for review by IRS and FTB examiners
• Project Management
• Coordinate & perform site visits for clients as needed around the country
• Pursue allocation letters as necessary for 179D Projects
• Communicate and interact directly with clients, CPAs, administrative staff, partners, and CEO about project status, etc.
• Coordinate the delivery of project results with client and accounting staff to ensure proper billing.
• Some travel required (up to 20% of work time traveling)
Skills & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or related field required
• Candidate who is pursuing a Professional Engineering license preferred
• Previous experience with Energy Modeling (Especially eQUEST) a plus
• Previous experience with Cost Segregation studies or construction estimating (preferably in mechanical, electrical, and/or plumbing trades) a plus
• Previous experience with CAD, Drafting, and/or BIM a plus
• Previous work experience in AEC industry a plus
• Highly Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Time management and attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task on a variety of tasks and projects
• Clear written and verbal communication skills, strong documentation skills
• Strong client interaction skills
• Must have reliable transportation and secure work location
• Self-starter with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
• Experience with Salesforce or other CRM a plus
Huge room for growth and advancement
Learn to perform studies for a variety of tax incentives, such as the R&D tax credit, Cost Segregation, and other service lines
Work with an experienced, close-knit team that emphasizes work-life balance and personal growth and development
Work from home, flexible schedule
401K, Medical, and Dental Insurance available
Salary commensurate with experience
Location: Virtual Position
Send Resume to: email@example.com and put “ENGINEERING ASSOCIATE” in the subject line
About BRAYN Consulting LLC.
BRAYN Consulting, LLC is a niche consulting firm that guides businesses to greater value through tax credits and incentives. BRAYN Consulting LLC is not a CPA firm, finance, tax, law, or engineering firm, and nothing contained herein can be construed as legal, financial, accounting, tax, or engineering advice. IRS Circular 230 Disclosure – To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, we inform you that any U.S. tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code, or (ii) promoting, marketing, or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.