The Leave Benefits Manager is responsible for leave and accommodation requests ensuring compliance with laws and regulations for unionized and non-unionized employees. Effectively coordinates all cases to include general administration, comprehensive management and compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act and all related employment laws.
- Manages reasonable accommodations under the American Disabilities Act (ADA), and other state laws.
- Administers leave requests under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Parental Leave Act, and other leave laws including leave management under collective bargaining agreements.
- Manages interactions of FMLA and other Federal Leaves while administering leave documents and communicating/providing proper documentation such as medical certifications, processing approvals/denials and obtaining fitness-for-duty documentation, etc.
- Works closely with employees to ensure that all relevant completed medical documentation is submitted for timely review and coordinates all aspects in returning to work.
- Oversees the administration of reasonable medical accommodations while communicating with employees and supervisors, creating following-up letter.
- Produce leave and accommodation reports for analysis and trends
- Responsible for collecting medical premium for employees on leave or Workers compensation
- Administers all aspects of leave including tracking hours used/taken and working closely with supervisors to ensure appropriate leave practices.
- Tracks Paid Parental Leave Policy by processing approvals, entering accruals and monitoring use
- Processes short-term and long-term disability claims as needed
- Handles inquiries regarding Workers’ Compensation and designates Workers’ Compensation Leaves as FMLA Leave
- Administers quarterly sick-leave and AWOL policy which includes processing disciplinary actions Tracks and monitors employees on all of the above leaves and accommodations leaves while maintaining accurate record keeping of all leaves of absence
- Investigates fraudulent activity of all leave cases. Works closely with supervisors to identify and resolve matters.
- Maintains BPHC confidential medical personnel files ensuring HIPPA Guidelines.
- Reviews Catastrophic Illness Leave Bank (CILB) requests and notifies payroll regarding the amount of sick time approved.
- Tracks COVID-19 documentation and processes COVID-19 related medical leaves
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources preferred, OR
- Associates Degree plus 6 years related field
- Strong knowledge of leave law compliance under FMLA, ADA, Workers, Compensation and the administration of such leaves.
- ADP experience required
- Familiarity with Collective Bargaining Agreements a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations
- Excellent customer services skills.
- Superior organizational and communication –written and verbal- skills required.
- Ability to establish priorities and to work in a busy, customer focused environment.
- Bilingual preferred.
- City of Boston Residency Required
- A Criminal Offenders Records Information request must be completed for this position. However, a record is not an automatic bar to employment but is reviewed in relation to the job applied for
- Any position that requires an advanced degree will be subject to education verification
- The Boston Public Health Commission is an EEO Employer and all applicants meeting the minimum requirements are eligible to apply
$60,000 – $70,000 annualized DOE
35 hrs/wk, 9-5