Who We Are
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we work closely with clients to embrace a transformational approach aimed at benefiting all stakeholders—empowering organizations to grow, build sustainable competitive advantage, and drive positive societal impact.
Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives that question the status quo and spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting, technology and design, and corporate and digital ventures. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, fueled by the goal of helping our clients thrive and enabling them to make the world a better place.
As a seamlessly integrated part of the BCG network, we provide consulting services focused on the development and implementation of business-critical IT architecture and digital solutions. We create technology platforms and deliver exceptionally customized solutions of the future for our clients, from data strategies to next-generation customer journey solutions and transformational business models. We solve the most daunting challenges that companies face today and envision for tomorrow. Our style is entrepreneurial – nimble and innovative, with multifaceted, cross-functional teams and completely vendor-independent. Our unique selling proposition is technology expertise and delivery excellence.
Platinion was founded in 2000. Since then, we have grown continuously and successfully. Today we have offices in Europe, North and South America, Asia Pacific and Africa.
Practice Area Profile
BCG Platinion launched in Germany in 2000 to add deep technical expertise to the Boston Consulting Group’s existing capabilities. Today, our presence spans across the globe, with offices in Asia, Europe, and South and North America. Our New York-based North American team began in 2014 and in 2017 acquired MAYA Design, a Pittsburgh-based digital design and innovation lab, to grow our capabilities around technology and design. We support our clients’ total digital transformation through technology, design, cybersecurity, and risk management & financial engineering capabilities. And together with BCG, BCG Platinion’s interdisciplinary team of technical experts enable customized technical solutions and accelerate delivery value through new business platforms, application consolidations, and major system implementations.
What You’ll Do
At BCG Platinion, our Risk Management & Financial Engineering team leads organizations in regulatory and compliance best practices and financial and model risk management. Our risk consultants are experts in quantitative analysis and modeling, financial products, data, and regulatory topics. In this role you will enable dynamic decision-making and scenario optimization for clients by developing top-tier risk management compliance programs, mitigating risks associated with non-compliance, and implementing risk management models and tools.
Senior IT Consultants/Managers at BCG Platinion are:
- Collaborative. They are interdisciplinary team players who seek alignment and establish relationships ranging from cross-functional stakeholder groups to existing security teams.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. They know the path forward isn’t always well-defined. They are comfortable and confident working through the unknown.
- Technical experts. They are critical thinkers and have extensive risk management expertise that drives novel solutions routed in complexity.
- Change agents. They know how to make change happen across an organization. They can align and onboard teams to implement new regulatory and compliance processes and toolsets. They embrace complex challenges and guide an organization to optimize their financial risk management practices.
You’re Good At:
- Interfacing with and providing advice to senior leaders of top-tier organizations
- Validating and/or reviewing complex financial models (e.g., scenario design and generation, liquidity, credit structures)
- Providing subject matter expertise and recommending improvements to processes and application
- Analyzing regulatory requirements and recommending implementation strategies
- Supporting the development of key risk management topics (e.g. Agile, ALM, CCAR/DFAST, CECL, Data Analytics)
What You’ll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
- Masters or PhD in Finance, Economics, or a quantitative field
- 5+ years of experience in Banking, Consulting, or Regulatory environments
- Knowledge of risk and compliance regulations
- Proficiency with VBA, Python, R, MatLab, C++, or SAS
- A strong understanding of financial products and applicable modeling skills
- Ability to manage client relationships
- Analytical and structured thinking
- Excellent communication skills
- A highly professional and rigorous mindset
- A results-oriented, team-player attitude
- Willingness to travel around the globe to work with clients and BCG teams. At times, this role involves significant travel to client sites. The amount of travel will depend on client needs and nature of projects
BCG pioneered strategy consulting more than 50 years ago, and we continue to innovate and redefine the industry. We offer multiple career paths for the world’s best talent to have a real impact on business and society. As part of our team, you will benefit from the breadth and diversity of what we are doing today and where we are headed next. We count on your authenticity, exceptional work, and strong integrity. In return we are committed to supporting you in discovering the most fulfilling career journey possible—and unlocking your potential to advance the world.
Effective November 1, 2021, all new US hires must be fully vaccinated or subject to a religious or medical exemptions. BCG will consider staff fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the final dose of a WHO-approved COVID-19 vaccine.
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under national, provincial, or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.
BCG is an E-Verify Employer. Click here for more information on E-Verify.