Who We Are
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we work closely with clients to embrace a transformational approach aimed at benefiting all stakeholders—empowering organizations to grow, build sustainable competitive advantage, and drive positive societal impact.
Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives that question the status quo and spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting, technology and design, and corporate and digital ventures. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, fueled by the goal of helping our clients thrive and enabling them to make the world a better place.
As a seamlessly integrated part of the BCG network, we provide consulting services focused on the development and implementation of business-critical IT architecture and digital solutions. We create technology platforms and deliver exceptionally customized solutions of the future for our clients, from data strategies to next-generation customer journey solutions and transformational business models. We solve the most daunting challenges that companies face today and envision for tomorrow. Our style is entrepreneurial – nimble and innovative, with multifaceted, cross-functional teams and completely vendor-independent. Our unique selling proposition is technology expertise and delivery excellence.
Platinion was founded in 2000. Since then, we have grown continuously and successfully. Today we have offices in Europe, North and South America, Asia Pacific and Africa.
Practice Area Profile
BCG Platinion launched in Germany in 2000 to add deep technical expertise to the Boston Consulting Group’s existing capabilities. Today, our presence spans across the globe, with offices in Asia, Europe, and South and North America. Our New York-based North American team began in 2014 and in 2017 acquired MAYA Design, a Pittsburgh-based digital design and innovation lab, to grow our capabilities around technology and design. We support our clients’ total digital transformation through technology, design, cybersecurity, and risk management & financial engineering capabilities. And together with BCG, BCG Platinion’s interdisciplinary team of technical experts enable customized technical solutions and accelerate delivery value through new business platforms, application consolidations, and major system implementations.
What You’ll Do
At BCG Platinion, we’re bringing design to the front line of business challenges and creating work that solves problems in novel, feasible, and desirable ways. Our team applies a human-centered approach in order to create innovative and exciting end-to-end experiences at the intersection of people and technology. We are looking for a curious individual who is passionate about advocating for user needs.
Designers at BCG Platinion are:.
- Flexible and user-focused. They have the ability to design in multiple mediums and levels of interactivity, all while employing appropriate human-centered design methods.
- Iterative. They are excited to prototype at all levels of fidelity—and have the humility to walk away from ideas when they fail.
- Human-Centered. They start with people and thoughtfully consider the usefulness and usability of everything they create.
- Designers. They create user journeys, experience blueprints, wireframes, storyboards, and data visualizations to communicate a desired future state.
- Collaborative. They have the ability and enthusiasm to work alongside engineers, business consultants, and other designers who will challenge and support one another.
- Communicators. They have strong verbal, written, and presentation skills, and the ability to provide the rationale behind their design decisions to colleagues and clients.
- Empathetic. They desire to truly understand humans and their behavior—and turn complex tasks into intuitive, easy-to-use solutions.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. They know projects and businesses move fast. That means the path forward isn’t always well-defined. They are comfortable and collaborative through our process.
You’re good at:
- Supporting diverse sets of clients across domains and industries
- Being an advocate for user needs and experiences throughout the design process.
- Designing and prototyping digital products—websites, apps, and beyond—at all levels of fidelity
- Analyzing and synthesizing research findings using tools like concept mapping
- Evaluating user experiences by conducting evaluative research, such as usability testing
- Collaborating with engineers, business consultants, and other designers to create world-class work
- Supporting the facilitation of workshops with diverse stakeholders, from client teams to community partners, to collaboratively explore domains and challenges, synthesize data, generate concepts, and present work.
- Participating in user research, communicating findings, translating insights into great new experiences
- Envisioning new, novel experiences beyond what is expected—pushing the envelope beyond screens towards the edge of interaction and technology
- Broadening your skill set beyond your core abilities—which might include project management, client relationship management, and/or technological skill development
What You’ll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
- Pursuing BS/BA or MS in design, interaction design, design planning, human-computer interaction, or other relevant field, or equivalent experience.
- An outstanding portfolio of work demonstrating strong human-centered design capabilities across a diverse range of projects.
- Knowledge of research methods and frameworks, user interface standards, tools, and industry guidelines. The ability to reference best practices and design patterns, and can solve complex problems and novel interface challenges.
- Understanding of user experience design principles and best practices, with the propensity and judgment to question convention when appropriate.
- Visual communication skills, using sketching and other tools to articulate thoughts about complex problems, datasets, or experimentation.
- Knowledge with at least 2 of the following tools or technologies:
- HTML & CSS
- Additional consideration for candidates with the following skills:
- Project management
- Branding & identity
What to include in your application:
A link to your portfolio that demonstrates your affinity for human-centered design and shows how you approach a design challenge.
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis
New York, NY or Pittsburgh, PA,
Effective November 1, 2021, all new US hires must be fully vaccinated or subject to a religious or medical exemptions. BCG will consider staff fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the final dose of a WHO-approved COVID-19 vaccine.
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under national, provincial, or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.
BCG is an E-Verify Employer. Click here for more information on E-Verify.