Boehringer Ingelheim is currently seeking a talented and innovative Scrum Master/ Project Manager Co-Op candidate to join Central Data Science team at our Ridgefield, CT facility.
As a Scrum Master/ Project Manager Co-Op, you will work with a global team building digital products for large scale strategic data science initiatives. You will work closely with a Senior Scrum Master and assist in helping teams follow the Scrum methodology. You will work regularly with product owners, software developers and data scientists in managing the development of the digital products. You will have the opportunity to interact with many different teams within IT and several different business functions. In addition, you will be involved in general project management responsibilities for projects not following the scrum methodology.
Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies’ success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim’s high regard for our employees
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist Senior Scrum Master in driving adherence to scrum among project teams
- Work with Product Owners in helping to maintain the product backlog and ensuring stories are well-defined
- Collaborate with other scrum masters, within the Central Data Science team, in driving scrum and general project management best practices
- Must be an Undergraduate, Graduate, or Professional Student in good academic standing.
- Must have completed 12 credit hours within a related major and/or other related coursework.
- Overall, cumulative GPA (from last completed quarter) must be at least 3.000 (on 4.0 scale) or better (No rounding up).
- Major must be related to the field of internship.
Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- BA/BS or MS in Project Management, Business Management, Computer Science or Project Management related major
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A positive, can-do attitude and a desire to assist others.
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organization skills
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in a team
- General understanding of Agile, specifically Scrum Methodology
- Strong command of Microsoft Office tools
- Experience with Jira is a plus, not required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health Puerto Rico LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; physical or psychiatric disability; veteran or military status; domestic violence victim status; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
US-BI Pharma/BI USA