Boehringer Ingelheim is currently seeking a talented and innovative Intern to join our Quality Validation department located at our Fremont facility. As a Co-op, you will be involved in process and cleaning validations.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies’ success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim’s high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works closely with team of professionals (including Specialists, Sr. Specialists and Principal Specialists) in support to the product process validation and cleaning validation activities
- Coordinates and completes assigned validation tasks
- Prepares and reviews validation documentation
- Analyzes validation data
- Participates in risk assessments in support of validation activities
- Supports root cause analysis of discrepant events
- Familiarizes and maintains knowledge of current industry practices and relevant pharmaceutical regulations
- Effectively communicates (written and oral informal and informal settings)
Must be an Undergraduate, Graduate, or Professional Student in good academic standing.
Must have completed 12 credit hours within a related major and/or other related coursework.
Overall, cumulative GPA (from last completed quarter) must be at least 3.200 (on 4.0 scale) or better (No rounding up).
Major must be related to the field of internship (Science or Engineering)
Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Pays attention to details
- Must be computer literate and able to effectively use the MS Office suite of products (especially Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Experience in VBA or MS Teams Power Automate is a plus.
- Willing to learn regulations and validation principles
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background
Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
Must be 18 years of age or older
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious accommodation. Click here for more information on the vaccine mandate and COVID-19.
Who Are We:
Boehringer Ingelheim is a different kind of pharmaceutical company, a privately held company with the ability to have an innovative and long term view. Our focus is on scientific discoveries that improve patients’ lives and we equate success as a pharmaceutical company with the steady introduction of truly innovative medicines. Boehringer Ingelheim is the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world’s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations. At Boehringer Ingelheim, we are committed to delivering value through innovation. Employees are challenged to take initiative and achieve outstanding results. Ultimately, our culture and drive allows us to maintain one of the highest levels of excellence in our industry. Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane Inc., Roxane Laboratories Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica Inc. and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Protected Veteran/Person with a Disability.
Boehringer Ingelheim is firmly committed to ensuring a safe, healthy, productive and efficient work environment for our employees, partners and customers. As part of that commitment, Boehringer Ingelheim conducts pre-employment background investigations and drug screenings.