Performs customary scientific/lab duties without supervision. Designs and executes non-routine experiments on a basis of literature analyses under RPG team supervision. Performs all work in conformance with applicable regulations. Performs all work in a safe manner. The primary scope of responsibility is within the immediate discipline and secondarily within a multi-disciplinary environment.
Provides rodent model group with laboratory support for internal in vivo rodent model activities, assessing in vivo assay performance and capabilities (variability, throughput, etc.), help in implementing new model technologies or approaches based on the needs of the program. Contributes to other ongoing projects with internal and external partners.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development, and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies’ success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim’s high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Take part in in vivo rodent parasite model studies and help in day today management.
- Maintain an efficient record of current assay capabilities, including variability, throughput etc.
- Applies basic scientific principles to execute and improve workflows for assigned project/studies.
- Works closely with the Rodent Parasitology Research team to contribute to our current study plans and understanding of workflow.
- Collaborate with rodent team to propose solutions for rodent model expertise or approaches to improve models and with this hit-to-lead cascade.
- Be an active participant of scientific inquiry and discovery, contributing to a learning culture that delivers scientific excellence.
- Must be an Undergraduate, Graduate, or Professional Student in good academic standing.
- Must have completed 12 credit hours within a related major and/or other related coursework. Major must be related to the field of internship.
Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent inter-personal and inter-cultural skills
- Willingness to learn new techniques and apply the acquired knowledge to solve inherent challenges in in-vivo parasitology models.
- Competencies in parasite models and/or other in vivo or in vitro screening. Experience with different parasites/parasitic models, preferred.
- Track record of exact reliable working attitude, following guidelines and work execution under guidance.
- Developed communication, interpersonal and intercultural skills allowing effective interaction
- Fluency in English with written and verbal scientific communication skills.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required).
Must be 18 years of age or older.
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious accommodation. Click here for more information on the vaccine mandate and COVID-19.
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family-owned company, we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative, and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health Puerto Rico LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; physical or psychiatric disability; veteran or military status; domestic violence victim status; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
US-Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health