Boehringer Ingelheim is currently seeking a talented and innovative Co-Op candidate to join our Drug Metabolism/Pharmacokinetics department located at our Ridgefield, CT facility. As an Co-Op, you will work with scientists to learn and assist in developing state of art techniques for protein bioanalysis using LC/MS systems. Your projects will involve protein and PTM quantification and quantitation from biological matrices.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies’ success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim’s high regard for our employees
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate state-of-the art LC/MS and HRMS systems.
- Optimize sample preparation workflow of LCMS protein quantitation. Implement automation in the digestion process to improve throughput.
- Develop LC/MS method for quantification of protein PTMs and perform quantitative sample analysis.
- Process and report data and experimental results.
Must be an Undergraduate, Graduate, or Professional Student in good academic standing.
Must have completed 12 credit hours within a related major and/or other related coursework.
Overall, cumulative GPA (from last completed quarter) must be at least 3.000 (on 4.0 scale) or better (No rounding up).
Major must be related to the field of internship.
Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Preferred degree level: Ph.D. student
- Preferred major: Chemistry/Biochemistry
- Relevant courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels and good laboratory training in analytical chemistry and protein analysis.
- Experience with LC and LC/MS for quantitative and qualitative work is a must.
- Ability to work in the laboratory independently, prepare reagents, pipet solutions quantitatively, and learn to operate computerized laboratory instrumentation is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required).
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious accommodation. Click here for more information on the vaccine mandate and COVID-19.
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to a person’s actual or perceived race, including natural hairstyles, hair texture and protective hairstyles; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law.
Job – Apprenticeship
Primary Location – Americas-US-CT-Ridgefield
Other Locations – Americas-United States
Organization – US-BI Pharma/BI USA
Schedule – Full-time