Boehringer Ingelheim is currently seeking a talented and innovative Co-Op candidate to join our Information Technology department located at our Ridgefield facility. As a Co-Op, you will support a global organization by assisting in context of digital forensic and investigation processes. Functional mentoring will be conducted remotely from Germany with additional team contacts being located in the US and South America.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies’ success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim’s high regard for our employees
Duties & Responsibilities:
The primary focus of the co-op candidate will be to assist with a planned series of projects and various related tasks involving investigation technologies and concepts, process documentation and automatization, testing of innovative tools and technical research. Tasks are chosen based on the individuals’ profile so that the candidate will gain experience with fundamentals of digital forensics and investigations but also advanced investigation methods once the candidate gained or showed sufficient experience. Furthermore, the candidate will be able to test, utilize and document state of the art toolsets used in forensic investigations and gain hands-on-experience in how forensic processes are built up within a large organization. The ideal candidate will have a desire to develop analytical, project management and investigation skills within the legal/IT framework and the will to work in an international environment.
- Must be an Undergraduate, Graduate, or Professional Student in good academic standing.
- Must have completed 12 credit hours within a related major and/or other related coursework.
- Overall, cumulative GPA (from last completed quarter) must be at least 3.000 (on 4.0 scale) or better (No rounding up).
- Major must be related to the field of internship.
Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with standard office tools such as Outlook, Excel, etc.
- Experience with Windows
- Basic Knowledge about iOS, Android, Linux and MacOS (i. e. key differences and main characteristics)
- Basic Knowledge about IT infrastructure (e. g. what are firewalls? what are proxys?)
- Basic SQL skills (select statements, update statements, joins, unions)
- Intermediate Knowledge of a Scripting Language (e. g. Python)
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills (i.e. v-lookups, formulas, macros)
- Ability to adapt and learn new tools and curiosity about new technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Strong documentation skills
- Strong teamwork and positive work ethic
- Pursuing degree in Computer Science, Information Security, and/or Forensics related fields
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health Puerto Rico LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; physical or psychiatric disability; veteran or military status; domestic violence victim status; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Job – Apprenticeship
Primary Location – Americas-US-CT-Ridgefield
Other Locations – Americas-United States
Organization – US-BI Pharma/BI USA
Schedule – Full-time