Boehringer Ingelheim (BI) is currently seeking a talented and innovative Co-Op candidate to join our Material and Analytical Sciences (MAS) department located at our Ridgefield CT facility. As an Co-Op, you will optimize data processing steps for spectroscopy techniques and help expand the current digitalization efforts to various optical spectroscopy tools. The Co-Op will create an intelligent optimization process to improve the predictive capabilities of spectroscopy data, and it also distinguishes between different techniques to choose the best optimization effort. In addition, the Co-Op will help with deploying the developed tool for use across the development organization within BI.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies’ success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim’s high regard for our employees
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop an understanding of current predictive tools within the MAS department
- Collaborate with subject matter experts (SMEs) to identify the existing procedures and pain-points
- Identify proper statistical models and Machine Learning tools for optimization of data processing
- Create predictive models tailored to different spectroscopy data
- Work with IT department to incorporate the developed models into BI’s data platform
- Familiarity with high performance computing environment
Must be an Undergraduate, Graduate, or Professional Student in good academic standing.
Must have completed 12 credit hours within a related major and/or other related coursework.
Overall, cumulative GPA (from last completed quarter) must be at least 3.000 (on 4.0 scale) or better (No rounding up).
Major must be related to the field of internship.
Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- PhD candidate in Chemical Engineering, Computer Science, Chemistry, or related fields in engineering and science
- Research experience in optimization, machine learning, statistical modeling
- Experience in creating predictive tools for analytical data
- Experience in handling spectroscopy data is a plus
- Willingness to learn and agility to incorporate the new learnings into product
- A comprehensive understanding of end-to-end development
- Experience in front-end development is a plus
- Excellent communication skills to create a strong connection with SMEs and IT
- Fluency in Python
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
Must be 18 years of age or older
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious accommodation. Click here for more information on the vaccine mandate and COVID-19.
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health Puerto Rico LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; physical or psychiatric disability; veteran or military status; domestic violence victim status; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law