Date: Sep 2, 2021
Location: Fort Worth, TX, US, 76131
APPLY EARLY AS THIS JOB MAY BE FILLED AT ANY TIME.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
Do you want to be a part of something that really matters? Team BNSF includes professionals focused on safety and service that play a vital role in delivering the nation’s freight. Together, we help move goods and materials that sustain life and support local, national and global economies. Our rail network is one of the largest freight railroads, spanning 28 western states and serving three Canadian provinces.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
At BNSF, our Vision and Values drive who we are, not only in our words, but also through our actions. BNSF is committed to our foundational values of equality and inclusion. As members of the BNSF community, our employees are entitled to:
• be treated with dignity and respect.
• have equal access to tools, resources, training and development opportunities.
• have equal opportunity to achieve their full potential.
We model the way through our leadership, our BNSF Diversity Councils, our eclectic Business Resource Groups, our deep involvement and investment in the communities we serve and through training programs. Our actions create an inclusive, open and collaborative workplace that encourages diverse perspectives in all interactions.
The Management Trainee (MT) Program is specifically designed to develop leaders that will drive the future of our organization. This program begins with a one-week orientation at our corporate headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas. During this time, MTs receive a company overview, interact with company leaders, and develop skills for a successful career. Additional training will vary by department. With hard work, the desire to learn, and the ability to develop relationships, career opportunities are endless.
Relocation assistance may be provided to those who are moving more than 50 driving miles from their permanent residence.
WORK LOCATION: Fort Worth, TX
ANTICIPATED START DATE: January, June or July 2022
SALARY RANGE: $72,000
Applicants will be notified via e-mail regarding potential interviews, testing, and hiring events for this position. Please check your e-mail daily.
BNSF offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Plan
- Railroad Retirement
- Life Insurance
- Incentive Compensation Plan (ICP)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Remote Work Flexibility Program: eligible employees may choose to work from home or another off-site location up to 50% of the time, provided any such remote location allows the employee to reach the office in a reasonable amount of time
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Opportunities exist to work with the following:
- Application Development
- Business Intelligence/Analytics
- Database Management
- Cyber Security
- Network Management
- SAP Development
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- System Architecture
- Mobile & Web Development
- Project Management
- Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligent Model Training and Development Organizational Change Enablement
- Image Analytics
- Cloud Administration
Management Trainees are placed in one of the following work groups:
- Application Development is an exciting area of Technology Services. Diverse skillsets, technologies and programming languages converge to provide solutions to support our dynamic railroad.
- With over 400 applications within the BNSF portfolio, trainees have the opportunity to increase their business knowledge, technical skills, and contribute to one of the cornerstones of our economy. We seek talent for a variety of different programming languages and tools.
Some programming languages and tools we use:
- Telecom designs, builds, and maintains BNSF’s network across the deserts, plains, and mountains in all weather conditions to ensure BNSF’s customers and employees experience nearly flawless performance of the voice, video, data and drone infrastructure network.
- The team supports over 60,000 network devices deployed in 2700 locations across the BNSF service area. They also support over 120 dispatchers and two-way radio service on over 32,500 route miles connecting locomotives, high rail vehicles, on track work equip[ment, and handheld portable radios.
- Management Trainees have an opportunity to proactively contribute to helping ensure high network availability and on-time train performance by learning areas of support, planning, engineering and implementation across our network system.
Some concepts and tools we use:
- Basic data, voice, transport network design principles and technologies, TCP/IP and associated network architecture, IP routing & switching, UHF/VHF radio operation and maintenance, microwave transmission systems and Telephony design, implementation & certifications.
- ShapeThe BNSF Infrastructure team is challenged every day with keeping our extensive IT infrastructure highly available. We create, maintain, and enhance architecture, security, tools, information, data centers, and so much more.
- ShapeTrainees will broaden their knowledge of modeling data, designing, and supporting our database systems across the mainframe, mid-tier, and data warehouse environments. While ensuring the security, integrity, and availability of information maintains an environment conducive to sharing information for business purposes
Some concepts and tools we use:
- Data modeling concepts (Conceptual, Logical, and Physical Models), Erwin Data Modeler tools, DB2 LUW, Oracle, SQL Server, Informatica, Tibco, Metadata management, Access DB, Visio, Eclipse, Chef, TeamForge, Rational Software Development Platform, Web Services, .NET Development, SDLC and many more.
- Using Deep Learning and machine vision models to process large unstructured data (images) on Cloud, GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) clusters and IoT (Internet of Things) platforms for image recognition
- Assist in the application security including code review, Static Application Security Testing (SAST), Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST) and defining secure application development guidelines. Discovery and remediation of Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) Top 10 and Common Weakness Enumeration (CWE) Top 25 vulnerabilities.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of various security operations services including vulnerability scanning, configuration assessments, and anomaly detection. Identifying cyber threats, determine root cause, scope, and severity of each, and compile/report the findings. Work with Penetration Testers and Cybersecurity Assessors to develop new tactics and techniques for identifying suspicious activities.
- Assist in configuring and maintaining user access to network resources and data based on corporate policies, procedures and standards. Providing end users with least privilege required for the assigned job.
- Assist in engineering and maintaining secure network infrastructure including firewalls, routers, proxy servers, DNS infrastructure, RADIUS infrastructure and wireless networks. Performing network infrastructure security assessments, network segmentation opportunities identification and execution, and network security service requests automation.
Strategy and Delivery Services:
- Strategy and Delivery Services is responsible for managing a $150M annual portfolio of technology projects and programs, aimed at driving innovation and growth across BNSF. This team provides end to end delivery support on initiatives, from idea inception to successful deployment of technologies, through critical functions such as project/program management and organizational change enablement.
- Strategy and Delivery Services has a unique vantage point, with relationships across technology and business, to support delivery of the right technology solutions to address specific business needs and objectives. While the project/program managers in the team manage the scope of work, budgets and schedules, the change managers focus on obtaining support and buy-in from intended users of the new technology solutions for a smooth deployment.
We utilize the following major skills, tools and methodologies:
- Project Management: Waterfall, Agile Scrum, SAFe and Kanban
- Organizational Change Enablement: Prosci ADKAR, Lean Change, Kotter’s Change Model
- Training Development and Delivery
- Facilitation, Communication, Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
Geographical Information Systems:
- The TS GIS team is responsible for corporate-wide GIS strategy and execution. GIS is a core, foundational element for many of our modernization efforts including systems that are driving train operations and management.
- GIS is also being leveraged across BNSF as an analytical platform to further drive spatial and advanced analytics solutions to improve safety, efficiency, and growth.
Additionally, qualified candidates must be able to:
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Express ideas and information in a clear and concise manner.
- Recognize and respond effectively to unexpected situations and tight deadlines. Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing task priorities and work situations.
- Demonstrate ability to complete tasks regardless of obstacles.
- Primarily an office environment with some field activities.
- Normal office hours, Monday through Friday, with weekend or evening work as required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or above for Engineering majors OR cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above for non-Engineering majors.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Graduate degree from an accredited university to be completed prior to hire OR have obtained a degree within the past three (3) years.
- Less than three (3) years of work experience in a professional work environment. When calculating work experience, EXCLUDE internships or positions held while in high school or college.
- Authorization to work in the US without Company sponsorship now AND in the future.
- General understanding required of Information Systems, including knowledge of application development, database administration, business intelligence, personal computers, and/or local area networks.
- Strong drive for results as well as superior communications and teamwork skills to be able to gather information to identify and resolve problems.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Machine Learning, Computer, Network or Software Engineering, Management/Business Information Systems, OR any other Technical/Engineering related degree.
- Ability in any of the following is preferred: applications development, project management, mobile device development methodologies, database design, modeling, mining, data management, data warehouse concepts, network planning and engineering and voice/video systems.
- Experience with one or more of the following programming languages and tools such as Java, C/C++,
- .Net(C#), ABAP, Python, SQL, GitHub, and/or HTML5.
Our Management Trainee program is geared towards recent college graduates with three years or less of experience in a post-collegiate professional work environment. If you have more experience and are interested in BNSF, we encourage you to look at our Experienced First Line Supervisor (EFLS) program or our professional jobs to find what most closely aligns with your experience and skill set.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION ELEMENTS:
- Criminal history
- Last 7 years of driving history
- Last 5 years of employment history to include military service
- Social Security number
MEDICAL REVIEW ELEMENTS:
- Medical evaluation
- Drug Screen
- Other elements as needed
BNSF Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status.
DRUG TEST ELEMENTS:
BNSF is committed to a safe and drug free work place and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping BNSF safe and drug free.
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC): Federal authority requires BNSF employees, whose work requires unescorted access to secure areas of port facilities, to obtain a TWIC. A TWIC is a condition of employment for such positions and requires candidates to those positions to submit to a TSA security assessment (to include, but not limited to, providing: biographic information; identity documents; fingerprints; digital photograph). More information is available at http://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic.
SF: MO | [[mfield5]] | Technology Services | Fort Worth, TX | 76131
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Telecom, Telecommunications, Manager, Trainee, Engineer, Technology, Management, Entry Level, Engineering