Date: Sep 8, 2021
Location: Fort Worth, TX, US, 76131
Apply early as this job may be filled at any time.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
Do you want to be a part of something that really matters? Team BNSF includes professionals focused on safety and service that play a vital role in delivering the nation’s freight. Together, we help move goods and materials that sustain life and support local, national and global economies. Our rail network is one of the largest freight railroads, spanning 28 western states and serving three Canadian provinces.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
At BNSF, our Vision and Values drive who we are, not only in our words, but also through our actions. BNSF is committed to our foundational values of equality and inclusion. As members of the BNSF community, our employees are entitled to:
- be treated with dignity and respect.
- have equal access to tools, resources, training and development opportunities.
- have equal opportunity to achieve their full potential.
We model the way through our leadership, our BNSF Diversity Councils, our eclectic Business Resource Groups, our deep involvement and investment in the communities we serve and through training programs. Our actions create an inclusive, open and collaborative workplace that encourages diverse perspectives in all interactions.
The Management Trainee (MT) Program is specifically designed to develop leaders that will drive the future of our organization. This program begins with a one-week orientation at our corporate headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas. During this time, MTs receive a company overview, interact with company leaders, and develop skills for a successful career. Additional training will vary by department. With hard work, the desire to learn, and the ability to develop relationships, career opportunities are endless.
Relocation assistance may be provided to those who are moving more than 50 driving miles from their permanent residence.
WORK LOCATION: Fort Worth, TX
ANTICIPATED START DATE: January, June or July 2022
SALARY RANGE: $72,000.
BNSF offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Plan
- Railroad Retirement
- Life Insurance
- Incentive Compensation Plan (ICP)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Remote Work Flexibility Program: eligible employees may choose to work from home or another off-site location up to 50% of the time, provided any such remote location allows the employee to reach the office in a reasonable amount of time
Applicants will be notified via e-mail regarding potential interviews, testing, and hiring events for this position. Please check your e-mail on a daily basis.
OR Management Trainees who work in the BNSF Operations Research group may have duties that include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Work with key stakeholders and subject-matter-experts to understand business problems and consider solution approaches
- Data manipulation and analysis
- Design, develop, test, and implement OR models and decision-support tools
- Share insights and results with key stakeholders
- Support and enhance existing optimization models and applications
Additionally, qualified candidates must be able to:
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Express ideas and information in a clear and concise manner.
- Recognize and respond effectively to unexpected situations and tight deadlines. Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing task priorities and work situations. Demonstrate ability to complete tasks regardless of obstacles.
- Primarily an office environment with some field activities.
- Normal office hours, Monday through Friday, with weekend or evening work as required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Graduate degree from an accredited university to be completed prior to hire OR have obtained a degree within the past three (3) years.
- My degree is in Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, or Computer Science OR another Technical/Engineering related degree.
- An overall GPA of 3.0 is required. An overall GPA of 3.5 is preferred.
- Less than three years of work experience in a professional work environment. When calculating work experience, EXCLUDE internships or positions held while in high school or college.
- Authorization to work in the US without Company sponsorship now AND in the future.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiarity with optimization software – e.g. CPLEX, FICO, Gurobi
- Aptitude for computer programming – e.g., C, C++, VBA, SAS, and Java or another object-oriented programming language
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office – e.g., Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Strong drive for results as well as superior communications and teamwork skills to be able to gather information to identify and resolve problems.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above.
- Ability in any of the following is preferred: applications development, project management, mobile device development methodologies, database design, modeling, mining, data management, data warehouse concepts, network planning and engineering and voice/video systems
- Experience with one or more of the following programming languages and tools such as Java, C/C++, .Net(C#), ABAP, Python, SQL, GitHub, and/or HTML5.
If you have more experience and are interested in BNSF, we encourage you to take a look at our Experienced First Line Supervisor (EFLS) program or our professional jobs to find what most closely aligns with your skill set.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION ELEMENTS:
- Criminal history
- Last 7 years of driving history
- Last 5 years of employment history to include military service
- Social Security number
MEDICAL REVIEW ELEMENTS:
- Medical evaluation
- Drug Screen
- Other elements as needed
BNSF Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status.
DRUG TEST ELEMENTS:
BNSF is committed to a safe and drug free work place and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping BNSF safe and drug free.
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC): Federal authority requires BNSF employees, whose work requires unescorted access to secure areas of port facilities, to obtain a TWIC. A TWIC is a condition of employment for such positions and requires candidates to those positions to submit to a TSA security assessment (to include, but not limited to, providing: biographic information; identity documents; fingerprints; digital photograph). More information is available at http://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic.
SF: MO | [[mfield5]] | Technology Services | Fort Worth, TX | 76131
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Trainee, Manager, Engineer, Operations, Entry Level, Management, Engineering