Location: Fort Worth, TX, US, 76131
APPLY EARLY AS THIS JOB MAY BE FILLED AT ANY TIME.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
Do you want to be a part of something that really matters? Team BNSF includes professionals focused on safety and service that play a vital role in delivering the nation’s freight. Together, we help move goods and materials that sustain life and support local, national and global economies. Our rail network is one of the largest freight railroads, spanning 28 western states and serving three Canadian provinces.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
At BNSF, our Vision and Values drive who we are, not only in our words, but also through our actions. BNSF is committed to our foundational values of equality and inclusion. As members of the BNSF community, our employees are entitled to:
- be treated with dignity and respect.
- have equal access to tools, resources, training and development opportunities.
- have equal opportunity to achieve their full potential.
We model the way through our leadership, our BNSF Diversity Councils, our eclectic Business Resource Groups, our deep involvement and investment in the communities we serve and through training programs. Our actions create an inclusive, open and collaborative workplace that encourages diverse perspectives in all interactions.
The Experienced First Line Supervisor program is specifically designed to develop leaders that will drive the future of our organization. This position is a leadership role at BNSF Railway. These individuals lead a diverse workgroup to safely and efficiently accomplish work assignments and goals that are in line with the company’s vision.
BNSF offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Plan
- Railroad Retirement
- Life Insurance
- Incentive Compensation Plan (ICP)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
WORK LOCATION: Could include the following but may be adjusted based on business needs:
- Barstow, CA
- Commerce, CA
- Kansas City, KS
- Topeka, KS
- Minneapolis, MN
- Chicago, IL
- Galesburg, IL
- Alliance, NE
- Havelock, NE
- Lincoln, NE
- Pasco, WA
- Vancouver, WA
ANTICIPATED START DATE: February 28, 2022
SALARY RANGE: $77,700
RELOCATION WILL BE REQUIRED.
**This position may be filled at any of our locations across the 28 states that BNSF Railway operates. Candidates must be willing to relocate**
Training for an EFLS is a 6 month program. This opportunity begins with a two-week comprehensive orientation at BNSF Corporate Headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas. Following orientation, the trainee will complete one week at the BNSF Technical Training Center (TTC) in Overland Park, Kansas for safety and technical training. The remainder of the program is completed in the field and Technical Training Center.
SUPERVISION & MANAGEMENT
- Supervise the inspection, maintenance and repair of railcars and locomotives in a safe and efficient manner
- Supervise mechanical shop employees in a union environment
- Assign and coordinate daily schedules for personnel
- Ensure compliance with all applicable rules, regulations and policies
- Interface with mechanical team and other departments to effectively coordinate safe operations
- Work in a 24 by 7 operations environment including nights, weekends, evenings and holidays, on-call or available for emergency situations
- Work both indoors and outdoors in extreme weather conditions (hot, cold, rain, snow, and sleet)
- Work around heavy and moving machinery
- At least 18 years of age or older
- High School Diploma or GED
- Authorized to work in the US without Company sponsorship now AND in the future
- Willing and able to submit to a pre-employment drug (hair follicle) test
- Willing to be subject to an Employment, Criminal and Driving Background review
- At least 3 years of work experience supervising 5 or more employees in a fast-paced, operations and/or logistics environment or 2 years or more of military experience.
- Able and willing to relocate within the BNSF Railway operating system (western 28 states) upon hire
- Ability to relocate within the BNSF Railway operating system upon career progression and/or as business needs
- Able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week or more as business need requires
- Able to work varied shifts, holidays, nights and weekends
- Able to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions
- Able to walk on uneven terrain
- Able to work in a shop or field environment, climbing ladders and walking on uneven surfaces safely.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Managing schedules, maintain files, create charts, reports, graphics and spreadsheets
- Able to travel approximately 10-20%
- Valid driver’s license
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering, Operations, Logistics, Business Administration, Management, or related discipline.
- Five (5) years of work or military experience supervising 15 or more employees in a fast-paced Business Management, Operations and/or Logistics environment
- Experience supervising a unionized workforce.
Relocation benefits may be provided for this position
Applicants must be willing to relocate.
Transitioning veterans must be either on terminal leave or 100% separated by the EFLS start date; National Guard / Reservists may apply at any time.
BNSF Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION ELEMENTS:
- Criminal history
- Last 7 years of driving history
- Last 5 years of employment history to include military service
- Social Security number
MEDICAL REVIEW ELEMENTS:
- Medical evaluation
- Drug Screen
- Other elements as needed
DRUG TEST ELEMENTS:
BNSF is committed to a safe and drug free work place and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required
to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping BNSF safe and drug free.
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC): Federal authority requires BNSF employees, whose work requires unescorted access to secure areas of port facilities, to obtain a TWIC. A TWIC is a condition of employment for such positions and requires candidates to those positions to submit to a TSA security assessment (to include, but not limited to, providing: biographic information; identity documents; fingerprints; digital photograph). More information is available at www.tsa.gov/twic.
SF: MO | [[mfield5]] | Operations – Engineering | Fort Worth, TX | 76131
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: First Line Supervisor, Manager, Engineer, Business Manager, Inspector, Engineering, Management, Quality