Date: Sep 2, 2021
Location: Fort Worth, TX, US, 76131
APPLY EARLY AS THIS JOB MAY BE FILLED AT ANY TIME
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
Do you want to be a part of something that really matters? Team BNSF includes professionals focused on safety and service that play a vital role in delivering the nation’s freight. Together, we help move goods and materials that sustain life and support local, national and global economies. The BNSF rail network is one of the largest freight railroads, spanning 28 western states and serving three Canadian provinces.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
At BNSF, our Vision and Values drive who we are, not only in our words, but also our actions. BNSF is committed to our foundational values of equality and inclusion. As members of the BNSF community, our employees are entitled to:
• be treated with dignity and respect.
• have equal access to tools, resources, training and development opportunities.
• have equal opportunity to achieve their full potential.
We model the way through our leadership, our BNSF Diversity Councils, our diverse Business Resource Groups, our deep involvement and investment in the communities we serve, and through diversity and inclusion training programs. It’s through our actions that we create an inclusive, open and collaborative workplace that truly encourages diverse perspectives in all interactions.
The Summer Internship Program provides interns an opportunity to learn more about how our efficient, safe and sustainable rail network supports the global supply chain. Interns participate in group events and projects, experiencing first-hand what it is like to be a full-time BNSF employee. Operating one of the largest railroads in North America, we have countless opportunities for interns to develop their skills, create new ideas and even travel!
The program begins with a two-day corporate orientation in Fort Worth, Texas. During the training period, interns receive a company overview and interact with company leaders. Following orientation, interns receive on-the-job training according to their assigned group. The summer will be spent in Fort Worth or in a field location that can be anywhere on BNSF’s system. The objective of our Summer Internship Program is to find students that will join us after graduation as part of our Management Trainee Program.
Relocation assistance may be provided to interns who are moving more than 50 driving miles from their permanent residence.
WORK LOCATION: Fort Worth, TX
START DATE: 06/01/2022
END DATE: 08/09/2022
SALARY RANGE: $3,750 – $4,125 per month
BNSF offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to:
- Relocation Stipend
- Summer Lodging Stipend
- Potential for offer of fulltime position
- Paid Internship
Applicants will be notified via e-mail regarding potential interviews, testing and hiring events for this position. Please check your e-mail on a daily basis.
BNSF’s Marketing team serves as a primary contact for all BNSF customers, working to make the shipping experience as easy and seamless as possible. From onboarding new customers to handling rate and service requests to answering billing questions, the Marketing team is focused on building strong customer relationships and ensuring effective communication throughout the shipping process.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Marketing interns will participate or lead projects within a Marketing business unit (Industrial Products, Agricultural Products or Consumer Products) intended to enhance the customer experience, identify market trends, improve or grow current business strategies, and create efficiencies in current processes. These projects will require:
- Developing an understanding of BNSF’s current business strategies, relevant markets and identified opportunities.
- Conducting research leveraging internal and external sources.
- Aggregating and analyzing data to identify trends.
- Learning Marketing systems and current process flows.
- Interacting and communicating with a team, leaders and customers.
- Developing recommendations based on analysis and communicating to various levels within the department.
- Identifying and implementing new process flows or automations to current processes.
Additionally, qualified candidates must be able to:
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Express ideas and information in a clear and concise manner.
- Recognize and respond effectively to unexpected situations and tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing task priorities and work situations.
- Demonstrate ability to complete tasks regardless of obstacles.
- Primarily an office environment, with some field activities.
- Normal office hours, Monday through Friday, with weekend or evening work as required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 for Engineering majors OR cumulative GPA of 3.0 for non-Engineering majors
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s or graduate degree program at an accredited university at the time of application and throughout the duration of the internship.
- Less than three years of work experience in a professional work environment. When calculating work experience, EXCLUDE internships or positions held while in high school or college.
- Authorization to work in the US without company sponsorship now AND in the future.
- Relocation to Fort Worth, TX for the summer.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Pursuit of a degree in Economics, Industrial Engineering, Logistics/Supply Chain Management, Statistics, Finance, Marketing, OR another business related major.
- Graduation date prior to September 1, 2023.
- Previous work experience in an analytical role.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (specifically Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
- Previous experience using SAS or other statistical software.
- Previous experience with SharePoint.
- Proven leadership experience and excellent oral and written communication skills.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION ELEMENTS:
- Criminal history
- Last 7 years of driving history
- Last 5 years of employment history to include military service
- Social Security number
MEDICAL REVIEW ELEMENTS:
- Medical evaluation
- Drug Screen
- Other elements as needed
BNSF Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status.
DRUG TEST ELEMENTS:
BNSF is committed to a safe and drug free work place and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping BNSF safe and drug free.
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC): Federal authority requires BNSF employees, whose work requires unescorted access to secure areas of port facilities, to obtain a TWIC. A TWIC is a condition of employment for such positions and requires candidates to those positions to submit to a TSA security assessment (to include, but not limited to, providing: biographic information; identity documents; fingerprints; digital photograph). More information is available at http://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic.
SF: MO | [[mfield5]] | Marketing | Fort Worth, TX | 76131
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Intern, Engineer, Developer, Supply, Testing, Entry Level, Engineering, Technology, Operations