Date: Sep 2, 2021
Location: Fort Worth, TX, US, 76131
APPLY EARLY AS THIS JOB MAY BE FILLED AT ANY TIME
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
Do you want to be a part of something that really matters? Team BNSF includes professionals focused on safety and service that play a vital role in delivering the nation’s freight. Together, we help move goods and materials that sustain life and support local, national and global economies. Our rail network is one of the largest freight railroads, spanning 28 western states and serving three Canadian provinces.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
At BNSF, our Vision and Values drive who we are, not only in our words, but also our actions. BNSF is committed to our foundational values of equality and inclusion. As members of the BNSF community, our employees are entitled to:
• be treated with dignity and respect.
• have equal access to tools, resources, training and development opportunities.
• have equal opportunity to achieve their full potential.
We model the way through our leadership, our BNSF Diversity Councils, our diverse Business Resource Groups, our deep involvement and investment in the communities we serve, and through diversity and inclusion training programs. It’s through our actions that we create an inclusive, open and collaborative workplace that truly encourages diverse perspectives in all interactions.
The Management Trainee (MT) Program is specifically designed to develop leaders that will drive the future of our organization. This program begins with a one-week orientation at our corporate headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas. During this time, MTs receive a company overview, interact with company leaders, and develop skills for a successful career. Additional training will vary by department. With hard work, the desire to learn, and the ability to develop relationships, career opportunities are endless.
Relocation assistance may be provided to those who are moving more than 50 driving miles from their permanent residence.
ANTICIPATED START DATE: January, June or July 2022
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
SALARY RANGE: $60,000 – $66,000
BNSF offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Plan
- Railroad Retirement
- Life Insurance
- Incentive Compensation Plan (ICP)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Remote Work Flexibility Program: eligible employees may choose to work from home or another off-site location up to 50% of the time, provided any such remote location allows the employee to reach the office in a reasonable amount of time
Applicants will be notified via e-mail regarding potential interviews, testing, and hiring events for this position. Please check your e-mail on a daily basis.
BNSF’s Marketing team serves as a primary contact for all BNSF customers, working to make the shipping experience as easy and seamless as possible. From onboarding new customers to handling rate and service requests to answering billing questions, the Marketing team is focused on building strong customer relationships and ensuring effective communication throughout the shipping process.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Marketing Management Trainees will begin their careers building foundational knowledge of the Marketing department, the BNSF network and its internal systems & applications in the Customer Support Department.
Duties/Responsibilities during this time include:
- Serve as primary customer point-of-contact and act as an intermediary and educator in support of BNSF offerings.
- Protect the customer’s interest by identifying and resolving daily tactical service issues.
- Perform analysis for chronic or systematic problem identification.
- Respond to customer inquiries and coordinate resolution of billing, schedule, and equipment issues.
- Provide feedback in the development and design of service and system enhancements to improve business processes and strategic marketing information.
- Coordinate work flows and manage time to correspond to the customer’s business need.
Management Trainees should expect to remain in the Customer Support Department for approximately 1 year. Management Trainees will move into a Marketing business unit (Industrial Products, Agricultural Products or Consumer Products), based on business need. Key responsibilities in the new role may include time-sensitive customer interaction, market research, evaluating economic trends, pricing analysis, and team interaction with Marketing and Sales leaders.
Additionally, qualified candidates must be able to:
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Express ideas and information in a clear and concise manner
- Recognize and respond effectively to unexpected situations and tight deadlines
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing task priorities and work situations
- Demonstrate ability to complete tasks regardless of obstacles
The duties and responsibilities in this posting are representative categories to be used in deciding whether to apply for the position. These general categories do not necessarily constitute an exhaustive list of duties of the position.
- Primarily an office environment, with some field activities.
- Normal office hours, Monday through Friday, with weekend or evening work as required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or above for Engineering majors OR cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above for non-Engineering majors.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Graduate degree from an accredited university to be completed prior to hire OR have obtained a degree within the past three years.
- Less than three years of work experience in a professional work environment. When calculating work experience, EXCLUDE internships or positions held while in high school or college.
- Authorization to work in the US without Company sponsorship now AND in the future
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above
- Degree in Economics, Industrial Engineering, Logistics/Supply Chain Management, Statistics, Finance, Marketing, OR another business related major
- Previous work experience in an analytical role
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications, specifically Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Previous experience using SAS or other statistical software
- Previous experience with SharePoint
- Proven leadership experience and excellent oral and written communication skills
Our Management Trainee program is geared towards recent college graduates with three years or less of experience in a post-collegiate professional work environment. If you have more experience and are interested in BNSF, we encourage you to look at our Experienced First Line Supervisor (EFLS) program or our professional jobs to find what most closely aligns with your experience and skill set.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION ELEMENTS:
- Criminal history
- Last 7 years of driving history
- Last 5 years of employment history to include military service
- Social Security number
MEDICAL REVIEW ELEMENTS:
- Medical evaluation
- Drug Screen
- Other elements as needed
BNSF Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status.
DRUG TEST ELEMENTS:
BNSF is committed to a safe and drug free work place and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping BNSF safe and drug free.
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC): Federal authority requires BNSF employees, whose work requires unescorted access to secure areas of port facilities, to obtain a TWIC. A TWIC is a condition of employment for such positions and requires candidates to those positions to submit to a TSA security assessment (to include, but not limited to, providing: biographic information; identity documents; fingerprints; digital photograph). More information is available at www.tsa.gov/twic.
SF: MO | [[mfield5]] | Marketing | Fort Worth, TX | 76131
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Manager, Trainee, Engineer, Developer, Supply, Entry Level, Management, Engineering, Technology, Operations