Advisory Americas delivers corporate finance advisory services for mergers and acquisitions throughout the Americas (North and Latin America). The team includes over 70 bankers located in New York, San Francisco, Mexico City, Bogota, São Paulo, and Santiago de Chile.
Within Latin America, the team is organized geographically along four regions: Mexico, Brazil, Andean Region and Southern Cone. While covering all industries, the team is organized along three primary investment banking industry groups: Energy & Renewables; Infrastructure; and Financial Institutions.
- Overview. Contribute actively to the execution and origination of M&A advisory activities across Latin America excluding Brazil (“Hispanic Latam”)
- Execution. Day-to-day execution of all aspects of M&A sell-side and buy-side transactions (including preparation of marketing materials, financial analyses, information package, coordination with transaction stakeholders and third-party advisors, etc.)
- Origination. Contribute to the preparation of origination materials and be able to present clearly some key ideas in client meetings
- Team Building. The Associate will work closely with Analysts on transactions, marketing, pitch preparation and deal execution. A key focus of the role will be overall mentoring of junior resources and ability to generally act as a constructive team player
- Graduation year of Winter 2021 – Spring 2022
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics – preferably, Master’s Degree or MBA
- 3/4+ years of relevant experience in M&A, Project Finance (or other structured finance) preferably in a bulge bracket or larger boutique investment bank
- Proficiency in Spanish and English
- Advanced M&A transaction understanding, with a broad corporate finance skillset, and direct experience assisting in the execution of M&A transactions
- Superior people skills to ensure constructive dialogue and positive cooperation both internally and externally
- Team player, self-motivated and entrepreneurial, with the ability and willingness to guide and mentor junior team members
- Strong financial modelling capabilities and advanced knowledge of corporate finance theory
- Client-focused, deal-driven, credible, and a highly energetic professional
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- High level of intellect, professionalism, and integrity
WHAT DOES BNP PARIBAS’ FULL-TIME ANALYST & ASSOCIATE TRAINING PROGRAM LOOK LIKE?
At BNP Paribas, our people are our greatest asset, and we are committed to helping you grow from day one. The Analyst & Associate Training Program (AATP) is designed to equip you with the network and resources you need to build a successful career.
As an AATP, you will acquire in-depth insight into BNP Paribas and gain valuable and practical experience. Whichever area of the bank you are joining, you will be part of an award-winning team of specialists who work in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
Throughout the first two years of the Training Program, you will:
- Engage in an initial induction training that will give you the tools to succeed and allow you to network with your AATP class across all business divisions
- Have a dedicated Program Partner who will act as your go-to resource, as well as a dedicated senior business leader specifically aligned to champion the success of your class
- Participate in senior speaker events and roundtable discussions to network with colleagues and gain a comprehensive understanding of financial markets
- Learn about industry topics through ongoing workshops and trainings as part of a bespoke AATP curriculum, as well as philanthropic and social events
- Be placed on a fast-track career trajectory with the opportunity for both lateral and upward mobility
IN A CHANGING WORLD, BNP PARIBAS IS YOU + US.
We truly believe that our early talent is our future: the people that accelerate innovation and provide meaningful impact to both our clients and society. You + Us encompasses our ethos as an employer; crafting experiences together, being part of a collective group and working towards a common goal. We know it matters who you work with, and that is why we are dedicated to encouraging an environment of knowledge sharing and collaboration. In starting your career here, you will be surrounded with peers and mentors who can help you develop + thrive.
CANDIDATE SUCCESS FACTORS
Candidates will be measured on the following four performance drivers which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
- Compliance Culture and Conduct
ABOUT BNP PARIBAS
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 68 countries, with more than 193,000 employees. The Bank offers a comprehensive range of banking, investment and financial services solutions through two core businesses: Corporate & Institutional Banking and Retail Banking and Services (comprised of Domestic Markets and International Financial Services).
In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. The bank employs nearly 14,000 people and has had a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Chicago and San Francisco.
BNP Paribas’ Corporate & Institutional Banking services corporate clients and institutional investors offering tailored solutions in financing, cash management, and advisory services to companies via Corporate Banking, in capital markets via Global Markets, and in securities custody and administration via Securities Services.
We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
BNP Paribas: The Bank for a Changing World.
EQUAL CHANCES & OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.