BlueVine is a high-growth FinTech company empowering small businesses with innovative banking. By combining industry-leading technology and security with our team’s expertise and care, we’ve helped 200,000+ businesses, funding more than $9 billion since 2013.
Small businesses deserve accessible and modern financial services, and traditional banks have underserved them for too long. We’re hiring problem solvers and collaborators to join our meaningful mission.
Headquartered in Redwood City, CA, we’ve recently raised $102.5M and are backed by top investors, including Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, Citi Ventures, SVB Financial, Nationwide Insurance, and M12. For more information, check out our LinkedIn Page.
As our Senior Business Intelligence Developer, you will partner closely with the business, data engineering, and our executive team. For example, work with Data Engineering to design database schema, develop dashboards for all our business units, and partner with our executive team to help track our progress against OKRs. If this sounds like an ideal way to spend your time, we’d love to hear from you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work with multiple teams and departments to build out OKR dashboards using Tableau
- Design, develop and maintain reports, ad hoc queries and analytical tools
- Work with BI Management to identify and resolve data related issues
- Work with business departmental teams to help them define and document business requirements for new metrics and reports
- Collaborate with data analysts and product managers to understand their BI and data needs, and ensure those needs are met by our BI platform
- Advise the BI engineering team on how their data models are best designed for consumption in reporting tools
- Write complex SQLs, profile the large data set and provide insights with rich visualizations to answer some of the most important questions in our business
- Participate in design and delivery of dashboards and various self-service business intelligence solutions
- Train Tableau users within the org by developing best practices for data modelling, writing documentation and promoting the use of these practices by other members of the data team
- Ensure that data privacy and compliance standards are strictly maintained by users who interact and consume data in Tableau
- Work closely with Data Engineering around missing / new data and help with designing the flow of the same into the reporting stream
- Help architect the BI framework to democratize the data and enable self serviceable analytics across the organizationDevelop new Tableau dashboards as needed, plus ensure existing dashboards are optimized
- Become an expert on BlueVine datasets and provide guidance to other analysts
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- About 3+ years of experience
- Master’s degree in a similar field is nice to have but not required
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal, written and the ability to present to an executive audience
- Experience assessing client needs by utilizing a structured requirements process
- Experience working in a fast-paced complex environment where priorities change frequently
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Tableau
- Exceptionally strong SQL skills
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Receive over $1,000 annually for a wellness benefit of your choice
- Monthly WFH Stipend
- Generous PTO and holidays
- Excellent health coverage and life insurance benefits
- Generous, paid parental leave which covers up to 15 weeks
- 401K with an immediate 3% company match
Once we Return to Office:
- Free commuter benefits – CalTrain passes for SF employees and a monthly parking allowance
- Weekly catered lunches
- Unlimited snacks in fully stocked kitchens
- Pet-friendly HQ
Read what candidates and employees have to say about us. Check out our Glassdoor Page.