Job Title: Project Development Energy Co-op (Remote)
Location: Boston, MA
BlueWave Solar is a B Corporation on a mission to revolutionize energy with simple, powerful solar solutions. Our team of experts is intensely focused on developing, constructing and managing community solar projects, and forging efficient client relationships that enable customers to participate in these projects. We are constantly innovating to keep pace with the evolving energy industry, and that spirit of innovation drives our company’s dynamic culture.
Our team of experts is constantly innovating to keep pace with the evolving energy industry. We have expanded our development breadth to include standalone energy storage systems to improve grid resilience and enable more renewable energy generation projects. That spirit of innovation is what drives our company’s dynamic culture.
Inclusion at BlueWave:
As a mission-driven B Corp, as environmentalists, and as humans, we hold ourselves accountable to creating a workforce that celebrates diversity on our team and within our communities. Our inclusive culture and core values inspire us to develop more innovative, bolder solutions to support our customers and partners in the solar industry. When you join BlueWave, you join a collaborative team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable, and inclusive as we fight for our shared vision of protecting the planet.
We are seeking a Project Management Co-op to assist with the development of Solar Photovoltaic (PV) projects in Massachusetts. This person will work in all stages throughout the project development lifecycle and will be part of a team responsible for ensuring the progress of the project through the design, permitting, financing and pre-construction stages. Success in this role depends heavily on proficiency in managing multifaceted project risks and collaborating closely with the entire development team. Preference for candidates in New England.
Full-time commitment working remote with option to use BlueWave’s WeWork space in Back Bay.
Compensation: Competitive hourly wage
- Support the development of solar PV opportunities in all regions. Historically, the majority of our work has consisted of ground-mounted projects in Massachusetts, but we are rapidly expanding our footprint in other markets
- Represent BlueWave within the development team including interactions with investors, engineers, contractors, land-owners, permitting authorities and customers managing outside parties to achieve favorable results for projects under development and BlueWave
- Utilize document control, MIS tools and web-based CRM to control and report on project progress
- Become familiar with all project documentation, regulatory requirements and milestones, and monitor project progress against those requirements
- Support BlueWave’s oversight role in projects under construction
- Provide quantitative analytical support for key project development decisions
- Assist in land-use, permitting and site control negotiations; attend meetings with local government Boards and Commissions (Transportation options available, TBD)
- Support BlueWave’s Director of Interconnection in managing the utility interconnection process for projects under management
- Other duties for which the candidate is qualified
- Graduate Student
- BS/BA in Civil & Environmental Engineering or Environmental Science
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Google Earth, Google Maps, Salesforce, and GIS
- Previous experience working in a related discipline (engineering, design, construction, real estate or energy development)
- Professional demeanor and sound presentation skills, with the ability to deliver organized and complete reports
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills, focus on collaborating effectively with project stakeholders in and outside of BlueWave
- Willingness to learn about solar PV, energy storage, dual use strategies and other site optimization techniques
- Ability to self-start within a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment