Please do not apply to more than two Early Career Engineer positions. If you are a fit for a different role, we’ll contact you to discuss those opportunities.
We are a mission-driven team of collaborators, doers and problem-solvers relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. As part of our small, passionate, and accomplished team, you will help us design, build, and test space vehicles and rocket engines.
New Graduate Engineers may select from two options; the New Graduate Rotation Program, or direct opportunities on one of our engineering teams. This application will ask you which opportunity you would prefer. If you identify interest in the Rotation Program you will be considered for that role before being considered for other opportunities. This is the only application you will need to submit to be considered for both pathways.
New Graduate Rotation Engineers spend their first year at Blue Origin working alongside and learning from our experienced engineers in a program that is crafted to quickly expand your engineering knowledge. We will pair you with a mentor, to explore a variety of fields in support of our business units New Shepard, New Glenn, Blue Engines, and Advanced Development Programs. Our Rotational program consists of three four-month rotations. After the year-long program you’ll partner with the Program Manager to decide which team is the best fit moving forward.
Based upon your desired career path, your projects may involve many aspects of applied electronics and electrical engineering including avionics hardware (from PCBs to electrical systems), software, hardware in the loop, instrumentation & controls, system test, power systems, communication systems, mechanical systems, propulsion systems, manufacturing, and systems engineering. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight!
Students may want to get straight to work in their targeted field. In that case, we will consider you for direct hire onto one of our engineering teams in support of our business units New Shepard, New Glenn, Blue Engines, and Advanced Development Programs.
- Specific duties are subject to our business unit objectives.
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science, or mechatronics.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team on rapid development programs.
- Relevant internship/co-op and academic project experience that demonstrate development of both technical skills as well as leadership qualities.
- Self-driven with the ability to seek out requirements with minimal direction.
- Strong written, verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Passion for Blue’s Mission with a strong desire to continuously learn and improve.
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and strengthen our culture of inclusion.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- M.S. degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science, or mechatronics.
To conform to U.S. Government commercial space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3), applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, lawfully admitted for permanent residence into the U.S. (i.e. current green card holder), or lawfully admitted as a refugee or granted asylum under 8 U.S.C. § 1157-1158. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Applicants wishing to view a copy of Blue Origin’s Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us at EEOCompliance@blueorigin.com.