By joining the Bio-Techne team you will have an impact on future cutting-edge research. Bio-Techne, and all of its brands, provides tools for researchers in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.
The responsibilities of this position are to organize and stage different types of vials and bottles for filling. The position requires that the candidate has the ability to fill antibodies and protein solutions into vials. The candidate may be required to perform calculations based on volume and purity. The candidate must have the ability to cap and label vials of antibodies and proteins quickly and accurately. The candidate will be required to complete computer inventory entries and track supplies accurately. The candidate must have the ability to work in a laminar flow hood and fill (pipetting) products for extended periods of time. The candidate must have the ability to inspect vials with product and identify defects. The candidate will be required to operate cap torqueing and labeling automation. The candidate’s ability to trouble shoot automation is an added skill set that would be desirable. The candidate will be required to learn nationalization process. The candidates’ ability to complete paperwork accurately is critical. The candidate’s ability to work in a fast-paced regulatory environment as a team is critical. The candidate must have the ability to gown and work in a clean room. The candidate performs pipette calibration accurately. The candidate may work on new production introduction, implementation, and filling. The candidate will help with yearend inventory counting and perform additional duties as assigned. The candidate will be required to exhibit EPIC behaviors aligned with the corporate vision.
- Process bottling of antibodies and proteins; prepping supplies, documents, filling, capping and labeling
- Aseptic technique
- Perform various types of different bottlings
- Requires a 5-week training rotation for each job assignment
- Assist with annual inventory
- Laboratory clean room cleaning according to standard operating procedure (SOP)
- Follow company policies and practices as outlined in Handbook, follow guidelines regarding safety as outlined in the AWAIR, Chemical Hygiene and Exposure Control manuals and follow SOPs in accordance to the job.
- May work cross functionally according to the department needs
- Learn and comply with regulatory requirements, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
Perform additional duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering; or
- Associate’s Degree in Science or Engineering and 2 or more years of experience in a GMP environment; or
- High School Diploma or GED and 6 or more years of experience in a GMP environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment and automation (vial torqueing & labeling)
- Knowledge of appropriate calculations and how to perform calculation for bottling purposes.
- Knowledge of safety and company procedures and practices
- Skills in utilizing different product databases
- Skills in assisting internal departments in a professional manner
- Skills in problem solving; including the ability to identify and appropriately evaluate a course of action.
- Skills in decision-making.
- Skills in computer proficiency and Excel.
- Skills in math.
- Ability to be flexible and work longer hours as needed.
- Ability to follow written direction.
- Ability to act independently on routine assignments or projects.
- Ability to plan, organize and multi-task to complete assignments in an efficient manner.
- Ability to communicate professionally, both oral and written.
- Ability to pay attention to details and perform at a high-level accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to work hours that conform to standard business operations (7:00 A.M. to 3:30 P.M.)
Where permitted by applicable law, candidate must have received or be willing to receive an FDA authorized COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for this position.