Do you want to help develop prenatal and oncology diagnostics that can affect the lives of millions of patients? BillionToOne (ranked at the top 5% of Y Combinator companies) is currently seeking a research associate to join our interdisciplinary and innovative R&D team and help us develop novel molecular diagnostics. This person will be responsible for helping to design and performing the molecular assays and experiments under the supervision of our senior research team.
This is a dynamic, start-up environment that requires adaptability and the ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts.
- Perform experiments and assays under the guidance of senior scientists
- Keep accurate and meticulous records of experimental details and results
- Assist senior scientists in assay development
- Prepare biological samples and reagents to accelerate the R&D process
- Manage, organize, and support lab operations
Who You Are:
- BS or MS in Molecular and Cell Biology, Microbiology, Biophysics, Biochemistry, or related field
- 1-2 years of research experience (either during BS/MS or afterwards)
- Previous experience with standard molecular biology techniques (in particular, extensive experience with PCR, electrophoresis, DNA purifications)
- An ability to quickly learn mathematical, analytical, and experimental concepts
- High mathematical and statistical aptitude (e.g., you find GRE math section to be extremely easy)
- Great attention to detail
- Start-up experience
- Experience with next-generation sequencing library preparation
More About Us:
BillionToOne has developed a DNA molecular counter that increases the cell-free DNA diagnostics resolution by over 1,000 fold. We are the only technology platform that can detect single-gene disorders in an unborn baby from maternal blood and that can accurately quantify mutations in cancer patients for treatment monitoring. Our prenatal product, UNITY, is the only NIPT that accurately detects single-gene disorders such as cystic fibrosis and sickle cell in the baby from a blood test of the mother.
BillionToOne has raised ~$35M from the top US and international investors, and our sample volume is growing extremely rapidly. Check out a simplified introduction to our technology and its potential to transform molecular diagnostics:
We offer highly competitive salary and benefits combined with a generous equity package. You will be working on interesting problems with extremely high-impact.
BillionToOne is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.