Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $1.5 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably’s Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Our Sales Associates (internally known as Sales Development Associates) are client-facing associates responsible for point-in-time customer service and support, including both inbound and outbound lead generation communication. The Sales Development team is designed to support the Home Advisor organization in providing our current and future customers best in class customer service. The Home Advisor org provides our customers a single point of contact when working through their home buying or refinancing journey. We aim to streamline the experience with a clear owner of the customer’s application and give us the ability to adapt to specific needs of different loan products and customer types.
Responsibilities will include:
- Inbound calls and chat, spanning from pre-application through funding
- Pre-application outbound lead generation calls and driving applications to our Home Advisors
- Responding to incoming written communications through email and live chat channels
- Focusing on customer experience and satisfaction
- Knowledge about Better’s offerings and services
- Partnering with Home Advisor and Operations orgs to facilitate customer interactions
- 0-1 year of professional sales or customer facing experience (including internships)
- Desire to help each consumer with one of the most meaningful financial transactions of their life
- Build rapport and foster relationships with prospective customers
- Ability to think critically and problem solve complex scenarios
- Demonstrate excellent communication (verbal / written) and interpersonal skills
- Display a high level of empathy, integrity and work ethic
- Collaborate and partner closely with your team to achieve company and team goals
*While we are all working from home currently, we are planning to return to our offices soon. Because this is a licensed role, we are unable to offer permanent remote Sales positions at this time.*
Working at Better:
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.