Announcing Search for Educational Systems Administrator and Support Specialist
Berkshire Arts & Technology Charter Public School (“BART”) is a nationally recognized, award-winning, college-preparatory, public middle and high school located in Adams, Massachusetts. As the only charter school in Berkshire County, it is consistently ranked among the top schools in Massachusetts for student academic achievement and growth.
Committed to its mission to prepare its students for college and a lifetime of learning, BART is a community of 363 curious and creative students, devoted and innovative teachers and staff members, and families dedicated to the success of their children. The student body is richly diverse, each member with an important personal story. The School is built around a makerspace, and its academic program comprises an intense academic core curriculum enriched by ample elective courses in the arts and technology as well as opportunities for students to pursue independent creative and scholarly projects. Before they graduate, BART students must pass courses on college campuses, take and pass collegiate-skills courses each year, complete an internship within the region, and participate in a rigorous program of mock interviews, portfolio presentations, and annual science fairs.
The success enjoyed by BART’s students and the School as a whole results from a school culture characterized by the pursuit of excellence and based on a set of foundational elements:
- A liberating, college-preparatory, academic environment that provides for students and employees alike intellectual challenge, professional development and exploration, and personal growth;
- Dedication to the education of the whole child that supports the child’s intellectual, emotional, social, and physical maturation;
- A school that embodies the best of contemporary educational knowledge, thought, and practices, including a reliance on data-driven teaching and learning in support of advancing student achievement;
- A vibrant, inclusive school that embraces diversity and individuality yet shines by the devotion of students, faculty and staff, and families to their BART and home communities;
- An educational experience that brings the world into BART and BART into the world; and
- A strong, resilient, and multi-element financial base from which resources will enable students’ academic success and professional distinction and employees’ professional development and refinement.
The position of Educational Systems Administrator and Support Specialist at BART is critical in the School’s ever-more sophisticated application of technology in all institutional aspects. In this full-time, twelve-month, salaried position, the Systems Administration and Technology Support Specialist will support the effort of BART’s Office of Technology, and will report directly to the Director of Technology. We are searching for an individual to step into the position immediately.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND EXPECTATIONS
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree preferred, although equivalent, demonstrated experience will be considered.
- Experienced in managing and troubleshooting Enterprise Wifi platforms (such as ExtremeNetworks/Aerohive, Meraki, Ubiquiti, Aruba, or similar).
- Experienced in networking principles including DHCP, VLANS, Subnetting, Switching, firewall architecture—pFsense, HP, Ubitquiti, etc.
- Willingness to problem-solve and a passion for learning new skills on the fly in a fast paced and demanding educational environment is essential.
- Familiarity with various hardware and software platforms such as MacOS (MacBooks Air, iMac), iOS (iPads), Airplay, ChromeBooks (ChromeOS), Google Workspace for Education, Mosyle MDM, Adobe Creative Cloud, Canvas LMS, PaperCut Print Management, Securly Filtering and ChromeTools.
- Skilled in basic Audio-Video setup and troubleshooting.
- Preferred: experience with common classroom technologies (voice amplification, assistive technology, document cameras, etc.).
- Preferred: certifications such as CompTIA A+, Security+, Network+, or related.
- Desired: a sense of humor and wonder at the world into which we guide our students.
Those who can see themselves in the role of Educational Systems Administrator and Support Specialist at BART Charter Public School should send via email a current résumé, cover letter, and full contact information (including email) for three professional references to email@example.com. The cover letter should be addressed to BART’s Executive Director, Dr. James White. Review of completed applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
BART Charter Public School is an equal opportunity employer. BART does not discriminate in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its services, programs or activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, homelessness, or age. For more information about BART and its programs, please visit www.bartcharter.org/.