Are you an MBA student considering a career in general or product management with a passion for agriculture, nutrition, and making a difference in how our food systems work? Bay State Milling has a great opportunity for a high-performing candidate to gain valuable business experience and make a meaningful contribution to the Bay State Milling business.
For our Winter 2022 part-time internship project, you will report to our Director, Product Management in Bay State’s Mini Milling and Blending business unit. You will lead the development of our 2021 Partner Sourced Ingredients (PSI) Annual Report. Launched in 2016, our PSI program creates a mechanism for Bay State Milling to hold itself accountable for building a safe, secure, and transparent food supply chain. In 2019, BSM redesigned its PSI Annual Report to better distinguish the company with our key stakeholders and create a more compelling selling tool for our Sales team. In 2020, we took it to another level by providing visibility into how we evaluate food safety and quality risk, shining a spotlight on our chickpea suppliers and growers, and launching our first ever paid digital marketing campaign in support of the program. In developing the 2021 report, you will partner cross-functionally with our Supply Chain, Quality, Marketing, and Sales teams, and externally with our design agency. You will conduct interviews with our suppliers and the famers who grow the crops and work directly with our Chairman to draft the annual Letter from the Rothwell Family. A more detailed project outline with specific deliverables will be shared at the beginning of the internship.
The candidate should be available to dedicate a total of about 100 hours between January and March. Exact duration and time commitment are flexible and can be customized to the needs of the candidate.
About Bay State Milling
Bay State Milling Company has provided exceptional flour and plant-based ingredients since
1899. Its core purpose is to provide food ingredients to promote the growth of sustainable,
healthful and affordable food choices for the consumer. In pursuit of this purpose, the Company
has a strategic intent to be the leading supplier of plant-based ingredients for the next
generation of foods in North America by leveraging distinctive crops and their foundation in
Who we are looking for
· You are curious and a rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a constant thirst for knowledge
· You demonstrate initiative, a bias towards action, and execute effectively with speed & quality
· You are a multitasker who can balance analytics, creativity, and strategic thinking while making quick progress in the rapidly changing business landscape
· You are a strong communicator who can stand up for what you believe, seek new opportunities and solutions and is able to drive clarity in ambiguous situations
· You have strong analytical skills and the ability to break down complex problems into parts and translate them into a strategy
· You are digitally native, understand and can harness the power of social media to reach and engage audiences, and influencer their behavior
· You are a true collaborator who works effectively in with cross functional partners inside and outside the company.
· You are interested in Food, health and wellness, nutrition, and agriculture
· You have a positive attitude, and a willingness to roll up your sleeves, experiment, act courageously and challenge the status quo
· You are resilient, can recover from setbacks, pivot, and learn from challenges
Benefits for You
· Do strategic, value-added project work that makes a meaningful contribution to the business
· Get hands-on experience helping drive growth and impacting the supply of healthy, nutrient-rich foods to populations across the United States
· Opportunity to network and build relationships with a great group of Bay State Milling professionals and external partners
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Bay State Milling provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.