BASIS DC is looking for an Attendance Coordinator to join its team ASAP!
Qualified candidates must comply with the COVID-19 vaccination and mitigation requirements for individuals working in public charter schools pursuant to Mayor’s Order 2021-109, including being vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtaining a medical or religious exemption prior to their start date.
The Attendance Coordinator is responsible for maintaining documentation and managing all matters related to attendance. This individual must be someone who takes initiative and is willing to take on any task.
- Manage attendance of all students every period of the school day, including tracking and recording tardy students
- Manage and ensure staff and parent compliance with the school’s attendance protocol and DC’s attendance protocols
- Hold meetings with parents and students regarding attendance plans
- Inform relevant members of the school leadership team and representatives of external agencies of student absences meeting specified thresholds
- Work with the Director of Academic Programs to ensure compliance as related to attendance reporting
- Manage daily notifications to families of students who were absent and/or tardy to school
- Support school staff with tasks as they arise, and as time permits
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor’s degree or minimum of two years administrative experience and valid fingerprint clearance are required to work at BASIS.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience with children. Skills include proficiency in Microsoft Office. Together with a high level of personal responsibility and optimism, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills, and will thrive in a fast-paced, achievement-oriented learning environment.
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Pay for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS offers a comprehensive benefits package.
NOTE: All employees of BASIS Educational Group are required to obtain and maintain a valid fingerprint clearance.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX.
*As used in this policy, the term “BASIS” refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.