Barings’ Legal Team is seeking a candidate for a paralegal position in its Charlotte office to support the Private Assets Team. The ideal candidate will have an interest in financial services law and a desire to gain exposure to the fast-paced financial industry. This is a unique opportunity to develop legal expertise in the private finance and alternatives markets and support a growing investment management business.
The Global Legal mission is to provide legal support and advice with the goal of managing and mitigating legal risk for the company and acting as a partner to our internal business clients supporting any legal needs that arise on a day-to-day basis.
- Provide legal support for private equity, loans and bond investments, including reviews of fund subscription documents, term sheets, amendments, consents, waivers, etc.
- Contribute to regulatory and tax filings
- Perform internal procedures, including acquiring consents and waivers
- Collaborate with other teams – including regulatory, operations, compliance, and affiliate companies – to resolve issues
- Provide support to counsel on special projects
- Able to work independently combined with collaborative approach within the Legal function as well as the Business
- Experience in a law firm, financial institution, or other corporate environment a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills that allow you to naturally develop and maintain effective relationships with various stakeholders at all levels of the organization and external professional contacts
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to manage heavy work load of diverse matters in a timely manner
- Willingness to go beyond existing areas of expertise and work in new areas of law relevant to the Business
- Willing to support, accept and implement change, and become involved in organizational improvement
- Must be willing to comply with the provisions of Barings’ Code of Ethics related to personal securities activities and other disclosure and certification requirements