Job Title: Outreach and Partnerships Coordinator (full-time) (Bard Early College New Orleans)
About the Bard Early Colleges
The Bard Early Colleges (BECs) are founded on the belief that many high school–age students are eager and ready for the intellectual challenges of a college education. The Bard Early Colleges act on this belief by providing younger scholars with a tuition-free, credit-bearing college course of study in the liberal arts and sciences following the 9th and 10th grades. Students are taught by college faculty in seminar classes; they receive up to 60 college credits and an associate in arts (A.A.) degree from Bard College, concurrently with a high school diploma.
Now in its second decade, the Bard Early College network serves over 2,900 students in campuses in Lower Manhattan and Queens, New York; Newark, New Jersey; New Orleans, Louisiana; Cleveland, Ohio; Baltimore, Maryland; and Washington, DC. Since 2003, Bard College has awarded more than 3,000 A.A. degrees to its early college students.
Bard invites applications for a dynamic individual who will join our team at Bard Early College in New Orleans (BECNO), LA. The position will start as soon as possible and is a 12-month contract.
This position will work in a fast-paced environment that requires self-direction and the ability to handle multiple priorities and a variety of strategic, engagement and registrar tasks. This position will report directly to the Executive Director (ED). The Outreach and Partnership Coordinator will have a leading role in the growth and sustainability of BECNO. They will be responsible for cultivating current partnerships and expanding the sustainability of the program.
Successful candidates must:
- have excellent written and oral communication skills
- be organized
- be proficient in Microsoft Suite and Google Sheets
- be independent and take initiative
- be comfortable building new systems
- be reliable
- have the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- handle confidential information with discretion
- have strong attention to detail, including proofreading
- display ownership of the role and want to play an integral part in supporting a team
- be able to work full-time (40 hrs per week) Monday-Friday during business hours
- Increasing the growth and sustainability of the program by increasing enrollment, strengthening/adding partnerships, and researching and reporting on dual enrollment opportunities and funding in Louisiana.
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of the New Orleans high school landscape
- Conducting research on dual enrollment pricing structures
- Archiving and maintain researched data
- Attending dual enrollment task force and other relevant meetings
- Conducting monthly meetings with VP of Early Colleges and Executive Director to offer next steps recommendations
- Assisting in arranging meetings with relevant parties
- Supporting Dean of Students during admissions cycle for 10 hour per week in March, April, and May
- Acting as secondary liaison (after Dean of Studies) to Bard-Annandale and the Office of the State Superintendent of Education and State Dept. of Education on all issues related to student grades and transcripts.
- Managing annual campus enrollment in the Supplementary Course Academy (SCA).
- Supporting the Associate Dean of Studies with tracking college credits at BECNO and develop the schedule
- Creating Powerpoint presentations, one-pager with stats, and other marketing materials
- Supporting articulation agreement efforts with colleges and universities in Louisiana
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000 Annual Salary plus benefits
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Bard Early College in New Orleans
To apply, please upload a letter of interest, resume and the names and contact information for three references by clicking on the “Apply Now” button through the Interfolio job application link provided here: http://apply.interfolio.com/98068