Who You Are
You are a motivated student or recent graduate pursuing a degree in Marketing or Journalism and are passionate about connecting with current and future customers. In this role, you will learn to engage with customers on a daily basis, develop and expand our online reputation, and leverage existing content and PR to create compelling posts across all product channels.
We are looking for a Social Media Intern to join our Spring Internship Program, where you will work both independently and as part of a team, with oversight from your Hiring Manager and the University Relations department. Spring Internships take place from January – April and require a commitment of at least 20-25 hours per week. With comprehensive training and supervision, you will gain valuable experience applying knowledge acquired in the classroom to real world problems.
What You’ll Do
- Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about our company, competitors, and/or industry.
- Respond to potential and current customers that have questions and need help.
- Work alongside other marketers and content marketers to help distribute content that educates and entertains our audience and supports marketing goals.
- Explore new ways to engage and identify new social networks to reach our target buyers.
- Onboarding social media publishing platform.
- Establish channel benchmarks and define strategy based in part on these KPI’s.
- Collaborate with digital team on new photography, branding, and content marketing initiatives.
- Gain valuable experience by applying knowledge acquired in the classroom to real-world application. BHG gives you the space to explore your passions, discover new strengths, and innovate new solutions to help drive our business forward.
- Work as part of a culture of collaboration: you’ll receive guidance and work directly with BHG leaders, mentors, and experienced employees across the organization.
- Gain cross-functional skills and visibility to all areas of the business: from our virtual training sessions, hands-on experience, mentorship program, and access to diverse subject matter experts.
- Work for a culture we believe in: We invest in employees who want to build a career at BHG and achieve their goals. Because helping you realize your full potential will make our company stronger.
What You’ll Need
- Part-time availability of 20-25 hours a week
- Students must have a graduation date between December 2021 and December 2022
- Pursuing a degree in Marketing or Journalism
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic, high level of enthusiasm, integrity and professionalism
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing and analyzing business processes & procedures documentation
- Ability to work on multiple assignments, prioritize tasks, and finalize projects
- Must possess a highly logical and analytical mindset, must be able to multitask and learn quickly
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills; ability to interpret requests and give quality results in a timely manner