Who You Are
You are a motivated student or recent graduate pursuing a degree in Communications or PR who has a good understanding of media outreach and public relations efforts.
We are looking for a Communications Intern to join our Summer Internship Program, where you will work both independently and as part of a team, with oversight from your Hiring Manager and the University Relations department. Summer Internships take place from May – August and require a commitment of at least 40 hours per week. With comprehensive training and supervision, you will gain valuable experience applying knowledge acquired in the classroom to real world problems.
What You’ll Do
- Assists in media outreach and public relations efforts for BHG and its affiliate brands.
- Organizes media lists and media list research.
- Partakes in weekly media monitoring for tracking reactive outreach opportunities.
- Works alongside the communications team for key campaigns including PR, content creation, and internal communications.
- Gain valuable experience by applying knowledge acquired in the classroom to real-world application. BHG gives you the space to explore your passions, discover new strengths, and innovate new solutions to help drive our business forward.
- Work as part of a culture of collaboration: you’ll receive guidance and work directly with BHG leaders, mentors, and experienced employees across the organization.
- Gain cross-functional skills and visibility to all areas of the business: from our virtual training sessions, hands-on experience, mentorship program, and access to diverse subject matter experts.
- Work for a culture we believe in: We invest in employees who want to build a career at BHG and achieve their goals. Because helping you realize your full potential will make our company stronger.
What You’ll Need
- Full-time availability of at least 40 hours a week
- Students must have a graduation date between December 2021 and December 2022
- Pursuing a degree in Communications, Public Relation, or Marketing
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic, high level of enthusiasm, integrity and professionalism
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing and analyzing business processes & procedures documentation
- Ability to work on multiple assignments, prioritize tasks, and finalize projects
- Must possess a highly logical and analytical mindset, must be able to multitask and learn quickly
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills; ability to interpret requests and give quality results in a timely manner
- Project Coordination/Management experience is a must