BAE Systems is seeking a diligent and proactive individual with a proven high quality work ethic to fill an entry-level position (Engineer I – Electrical) to support the readiness and sustainment of the United States Air Force (USAF) Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Weapon System (WS). The individual must hold a valid Electrical Engineering degree from an ABET accredited university. We will also consider Physics and Math majors.
The overarching role of the Engineer I – Electrical is to work closely with the customer, the United States Air Force (USAF), to apply engineering principles and best practices to optimize Weapon System operational service and performance.
The candidate selected for this entry-level Electrical Engineering position will:
- Work with a multi-discipline systems engineering team, write specifications, prepare and review drawings, and manage work to meet program schedules.
- Apply electrical engineering principles and analytical methods and techniques to:
- Identify or evaluate needed or proposed modifications and/or replacements for Weapon System components;
- Prepare and be able to defend technical recommendations concerning any needed modifications and/or replacements.
- Possess familiarly with a comprehensive design process including conceptual development, physical design, support to procurement, engineering test, failure root-cause, and integration and support of product qualification.
- Possess an understanding in the application of physical laws and principles of electrical engineering, and statistical based process improvement.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Consider safety in all aspects of work and engineering efforts.
- Positions are located at Hill Air Force Base in beautiful Northern Utah.
- Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited program or Math or Physics. Seniors graduating with a Bachelor’s degree or higher 2021 may also apply.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense Secret clearance. The criteria for a security clearance is set by the US Government. A current clearance is not required to be hired.
- This position is a hybrid position with at least 1-2 days per week in the office at Hill AFB. 100% telecommuting is not allowed.