Associate Experience Designer
Axis Group is the leader in optimizing businesses through data. From strategy to application implementation, support, and infrastructure, Axis Group develops fast, cross-platform solutions that reveal insights within your data and improve outcomes.
The Associate Experience Designer Position
We are looking for a designer who shares our passion for human-centered design to join our team. We operate a small and tight-knit design team that focuses on solving our clients’ problems by designing the human experience for our solutions. The solutions we design are highly specialized, from digital analytics that enable business users to make insight-driven decisions, to educational programs that improve client’s data literacy. Our ideal team member loves interacting with clients, exploring new problems in novel ways and thrives in a small team environment while being self-directed. They care first and foremost about how a solution works, and then apply the same level of enthusiasm towards how it engages the target audience. They think critically about processes and data, and then translate that understanding into thoughtful designs. They take pride in their design yet are humble and open to feedback from all. They have a desire to continuously learn and expand their skill set.
· Perform design research to identify and organize the goals and needs of business and people
· Collaborate with business experts and analysts to define and articulate business analyses
· Collaborate with data architects and developers to ensure feasibility of the design
· Iteratively design, critique, and adjust concepts for application and data visualization designs
· Explore user workflows and wireframes prior to producing the high-fidelity prototype
· Produce high fidelity prototypes demonstrating key usage scenarios of the final solution
· You thrive in the journey from ambiguity to clarity
· You thrive in client-facing environment
· You are able to efficiently elicit information during user interviews and focus groups
· You are a fast learner, able to quickly comprehend new business, data and analytical concepts and leverage them to lead or facilitate meaningful discussions
· You are capable of capturing and visualizing complex processes
· You have experience designing visually attractive interfaces
· You are fluent in design prototyping tools such as Figma and Sketch
· You have experience in design presentations and critiques, and can confidently handle critical feedback
· You are able to work in a fast-moving, agile environment
· You are great at both verbal and visual communication
· You are familiar with statistics
· You are familiar with data visualization design
· You’ll be expected to share portfolio or work samples
Axis Group offers a competitive compensation package that includes salary, bonuses, as well as full benefit package, including 401K. No third parties.
Axis Group offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits, including, medical, dental and 401K and a positive work environment. Axis Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or, any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Axis Group will not consider Visa Sponsorship for this position.