Find your purpose, gain real-world experience and develop lasting mentor relationships!
As an AVANGRID intern, you will be part of our team by supporting the company’s strategic direction while tackling current industry challenges. During this internship, you’ll have the opportunity to work alongside mentors and professionals who rank among the best in their fields. This program is a key pipeline for full-time opportunity and development programs at AVANGRID.
Our Technology covers a spectrum of business groups under our Chief Technology Officer that are vital to the organizations strategy and operational success. These groups include, but are not limited to: Cyber Security, Digital Solutions & Development and Project Management. As part of the program, you’ll partake in key projects focused on information security, IT applications and Operational Excellence level project work.
We expect all of our interns to contribute and bring fresh perspective to our global technology practice to support its increasingly vital role as we evolve in the clean energy industry. As part of Avangrid Technology we look for critical thinkers who challenge the status quo in how we operate today and to enlighten leaders as to the possibilities in technology.
The Opportunity Includes:
· A dynamic 10-week internship program
· Apply college learning and implement innovative solutions to real-world challenges
· Undertake cross-functional activities to broaden your knowledge of AVANGRID and its companies
· Collaborate in project-based assignments, challenging professional work experience
· Interaction, networking and exposure to various levels of leadership and management
· Amazing mentorship opportunities
· Top summer interns may be eligible to receive full time offers to join the team or our AGILE Program following the successful completion of their degree
· Sophomore or Junior pursuing a Bachelor’s or 1st year Masters, or has at least one more semester remaining to graduate
· Preferred concentrations in the field of information technology-related degree to include, data science, computer/management information systems, computer science, computer & electrical engineering, Information Technology, mathematics with a minor in information technology, or telecommunications or related undergraduate degree
· Preferred GPA 3.2
· Legally authorized to work in the United States without the requirement for future sponsorship
WHERE do students work?
AVANGRID’s energy delivery companies include:
· Berkshire Gas Company (BGC)
· Central Maine Power (CMP)
· New York State Electric and Gas (NYSEG)
· Rochester Gas and Electric (RG&E)
· United Illuminating (UIL), Southern Connecticut Gas (SCG),
· Connecticut Natural Gas Corporation (CNG)
· Renewables (REN)
For more information, visit: www.avangrid.com
Due COVID, AVANGRID may take a hybrid virtual/in-person approach for our summer program.
AVANGRID is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. AVANGRID shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company is committed to a policy in all of its employment practices of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability, religion, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or other protected status. If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About AVANGRID (BGC, CNG, CMP, NYSEG, RG&E, UI, SCG, NYSEG, REN)
AVANGRID (NYSE: AGR) is a
diversified energy and utility company with operations in 24 states. As a
leading sustainable energy company, we operate 8 electric and gas utilities
with smart networks in the Northeast, serving ~3.2M customers. We are one of
the country’s largest producers of clean power through wind energy, with wind
and solar operations in 22 states. We are looking for innovators, go-getters
and change-markers as we continue to grow as a U.S. leader in energy.
Binghamton, New York, United States
Lancaster, New York, United States
Brunswick, Maine, United States
Rochester, New York, United States
Augusta, Maine, United States
Orange, Connecticut, United States