At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life-changing medicines. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality.
Our Commercial Leadership Development Program is a 3-year program designed for forward-thinking recent MBA graduates passionate about healthcare and who see themselves in leadership roles in a science-led and patient-first organization.
About the program
The Commercial Leadership Development Program is a 3-year rotational program within the US Commercial Business. During your three years in the program, you will take on a series of challenging commercial management roles across our core functional areas – Marketing, Market Access, and Sales – that span the various therapeutic areas of the biopharmaceuticals business.
You will participate in three 12-month rotations which will provide you with great insights into our business along with the chance to influence our future direction.
As a Commercial Leadership Associate, you will:
- Develop key skills to succeed, through exposure, including but not limited to project management, P&L management, product launches, omni-channel marketing, sales operations, strategy, and market access.
- Build management and healthcare business acumen through personal development workshops, rotations aligned to business strategy, and access to training programs.
- Grow as a business leader and gain unparalleled networking opportunities by working with your assignment managers and senior leaders who will be directly invested in your development.
Our current CLDPs have taken on some of these assignments:
- Developed and orchestrated the implementation of field-promotional campaigns
- Steered teams through multi-million dollar RFPs
- Developed content strategy for ground breaking digital devices
- Worked with senior leaders to develop long range strategic plans
What we’re looking for:
- Current year MBA graduates
- 2-5 years of work experience prior to your MBA – pharmaceutical, healthcare, marketing, brand management or sales experience is preferred, but not required
- Diverse work experience is highly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership experience and passion for people
- Values-driven mindset
- Strong interest in healthcare
- Outstanding work ethic
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The aspiration, ability, engagement and leadership potential to take on challenging roles in AZ’s commercial business
- Eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Commitment to relocate to Wilmington, DE
How to apply:
Key application timelines and dates
- Apply online (September – October)
- Initial phone interview (Late-September – November)
- Onsite or virtual final round interviews and case study (Sept – November)
- Offers extended to the Program (By December 15)
Closing Date: 16-Dec-2021
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.