Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $350 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!
As a Network Design Engineer you will develop the ground segment and space segment (satcom payload) design for current and prospective missions. You’ll have a strong supporting cast of communications engineers supporting you.
- Create initial payload designs and analyses in response to customer requirements.
- Develop external presentations to support presales efforts.
- Guide trade studies with the antenna, RF, and communications systems teams to tailor the MicroGEO product to the market’s needs.
- Create and manage development roadmap for satellite network simulation tools.
- Drive the development and improvement of process as necessary to achieve a scalable culture of program success.
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring additional teammates to our rapidly-growing team.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or a similar discipline.
- Strong understanding of wireless communications concepts.
- Strong ability to optimize – juggle many variables, consider all options, introduce clever / alternative ways of constraining the trade space
- Strong ability to design and execute a trade study – clear line of reasoning, identification of the correct data to collect, well structured and well written documentation
- Relentless attention to detail
- Effective English language communication skills, both written and oral.
- At least three years of recent, relevant experience in GEO, LEO, or MEO communications satellite systems or satellite networks (space and/or ground segment). An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- In depth knowledge of SATCOM payloads and market verticals.
- Experience running detailed link budgets.
- Experience writing Python or other scripting language.
U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.