Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $350 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!
RF Design Engineer
As an RF Engineer you will be responsible for design, qualification, and procurement of active RF electronics (frequency converters, SSPAs, LNAs, PLLs, etc) in the RF front end of satellite payloads. You will work closely with other mechanical, payload systems, electrical, and software engineers to achieve overall system requirements in your designs.
- Design, simulate, implement, and measure active and passive RF sub-systems at microwave frequencies, including; SSPAs, LNAs, power amplifiers, up/down converters, oscillators, microwave structures, etc.
- Be responsible for hardware designs from requirements definition through manufacturing, bring-up, and qualification testing
- Integrate these systems into the spacecraft by working closely with the rest of the team
- Specify, procure, and integrate third party vendor hardware
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring additional teammates to our rapidly-growing team.
- Passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on design and development
- Deep knowledge of fundamental RF concepts, such as RF circuit analysis, amplifier design, noise, linearity, radio architectures, etc
- Hands-on experience in designing, building, and testing RF hardware for microwave frequencies
- Experience with RF simulation tools (ADS, Cadence, HFSS, etc)
- US Citizenship or Green Card
- MS or PhD in electrical engineering, physics, applied physics, or equivalent
- Experience with PCB design, layout and simulation (Altium or similar)
- Experience with system in package (SiP), multi-chip modules (MCM), packaged RF hybrids, etc
- Experience developing communications satellite payloads
- Experience designing SSPAs or implementing SSPA-based phased arrays
- Experience with designing high reliability electronics for harsh environments such as space or automotive
- Antennas and Electromagnetics propagation knowledge and background
- Experience with Software Defined Radios and associated skillset (mixed signal, high speed digital)
U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.