Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $350 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!
As a Contracts Manager at Astranis, you will take contracts from the first discussions with another company and manage those contracts through their entire lifecycle. In this role, you will work with every team at Astranis in making and upholding the deals that get satellites assembled, into space, and bringing the internet to people throughout the world! This is an ideal role for someone who wants to someday go to law school.
- Drive Astranis’s contracting process, working with Astranis’s in-house counsel, supply chain, and sales teams during all contracting phases: negotiation, execution, and administration
- Assist Astranis’s in-house counsel with legal documentation and research
- Maintain and analyze Astranis’s contracts
- Provide daily support to every team throughout Astranis
- Establish new processes and improve current ones to ensure efficient operations of Astranis’s legal team as the company scales from ~ 100 to 250+ employees
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring additional teammates to our rapidly-growing team.
- Bachelors degree — no law degree needed!
- Highly organized and detail oriented; able to both organize large amounts of documentation and closely edit an individually complex document
- Able to translate legal and contractual concepts into plain English
- Extremely organized and detail oriented; able to both organize large amounts of documentation and closely edit an individually complex document
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Able to identify friction points or inefficiencies in processes, analyze why they exist, and propose courses of action to lessen or resolve them
- Strong reasoning and analytical abilities
- Comfortable working with technical experts
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once and prioritize accordingly
- Don’t meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria.
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment requiring close attention to detail
- Experience in document management, contracting, or paralegal work
- Experience in contract negotiationWorking knowledge of commercial law
U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.