ASR Analytics is a dynamic, fast-growing consulting firm with headquarters in Washington, DC and Phoenix, AZ. We help our clients leverage their data to its fullest potential with our expertise in data mining, predictive modeling, business intelligence, and the design and development of customized technology tools and software. ASR’s inclusive, collaborative culture draws on the unique talents and perspectives of our team members to creatively solve our clients’ most pressing challenges. We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit packages, including medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401k matching, profit sharing, 20 paid vacation days per year in addition to holidays, opportunities for performance bonuses, career advancement and enrichment, and more.
ASR’s State and Local practice is seeking entry to mid-level backend developers to support the development of proprietary software applications. The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of data modeling in a NoSQL database, with experience building data pipelines and developing APIs to leverage data in software applications.
This position is primarily remote, but residency in the greater Phoenix, AZ area is preferred.
- Build and maintain data pipelines to ingest data from multiple sources, create scripts/modules for data harmonization and backend processing
- Develop REST APIs to support complex queries against the database and user interactions within applications
- Develop in adherence with policies and procedures to ensure the security of the application
- Research and introduce new technologies and best practices as needed to solve business problems and improve existing solutions
- Collaborate in an Agile framework through the entire SDLC to gather requirements, design, build, and deploy web applications that allow for complex user interaction with advanced dynamic content
- Develop using Git for source code management and collaboration
Require Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related field, preferred, or equivalent combination experience of education and experience
- 0 – 4 years of professional experience
- 1+ year experience working with NoSQL database technologies
- Understanding of the SDLC and familiarity with modern Agile development methodologies
- Ability to articulate coding rationale and problem-solving thought process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated, and innovative
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work well in a team environment
Strongly Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Experience with multi-model NoSQL databases such as MarkLogic, ArangoDB, OrientDB, etc.
- Experience with Apache NiFi or similar ETL tool