Furniture Engineers Wanted!
Ashley Furniture Industries, the largest manufacturer and retailer of furniture in the world, is hiring Product Engineers!
We are looking for bright, passionate individuals with Engineering degrees, that are interested in joining a dynamic team. Our team focuses on Ashley’s internationally manufactured product, and oversees the items that we source from S.E. Asia and India… travel is a big part of what we do around here, and it keeps us excited! We hope you share this passion with us.
At Ashley, we are constantly looking for new ways to grow, and want to bring focus and vision to our team. If this is you, please apply…we would love to meet you.
Brief Job Description:
The Product Engineer’s primary goal is to understand and set engineering / process standards for the requirements of the Ashley product range. Project focus is guided by priorities set by internal & external customers and senior management.
· Bachelor’s degree in science or Engineering field, Required
· 2 years experience as furniture engineer – establishing product engineering standards, quality specification, or manufacturing operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Profound knowledge of construction materials (for example: wood, composite, plastic, marble and other materials), regulatory requirements for products, construction materials, as well as sustainability and other regulatory requirements
· Proficiency in AutoCAD and SolidWorks
· Statistical analytics with data warehouses, query development, & Smartsheets
· Development of advanced analytical including Excel files utilizing large datasets for process improvements
· Engineering or Materials Science knowledge
· Working knowledge of PMS and Continuous Improvement
· Handle mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent collaborative verbal and written communication skills
· Maintain confidentiality
· Strong attention to detail and accuracy
· Effective time management and organizational skills
· Ability to determine plans supporting business product defect reduction
· Ability to provide direction and/or guidance to peers
· Ability to use knowledge and experience to make discretionary decisions
· Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
· Superior computer skills within Access, BI, Excel, and Cloud based systems
· Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
· Work independently as well as in a team environment
· Display empathy, understanding and patience with employees and external customers
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.