Are you observant and detail oriented with a logical approach to your work? Does working in state-of-the-art testing labs get you excited? Do you want to take that excitement and knowledge and work for a World-Class organization?
Then apply today to our Quality Team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
With physical testing labs worldwide, we can continually analyze the quality of our raw materials, construction methods, and finished products. Our labs stay in constant communication as tests and product standards are developed and executed both in the lab and on the factory floor.
What Will You Do?
You will responsible for planning and directing activities concerned with design and development of protective packaging containers for furniture products. You will communicate with all packaging vendors and potential packaging vendors regularly. May confer with vendors to draw up contracts. Address vendors regarding packaging and quality issues. Communicate with import suppliers regarding container loading and stacking improvements.
What Do You Need?
- Bachelor Degree in Packaging Engineering or related field
- 1 year experience working in a packaging or manufacturing environment
- PIV License from the start is a bonus! Must be able to obtain within 60 days of hire
- Knowledge of automated packaging equipment and applications
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient computer skills with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment
Who Are We?
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We are a multi-billion-dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.