Start Here, Go Anywhere!
Want to work for a company that invests in innovation and people who catalyze impact in the built environment? Arup is proud to be recognized by Fast Company in their third annual Best Workplaces for Innovators list, which honors businesses and organizations that demonstrate a deep commitment to encouraging innovation at all levels.
We find solutions for some of the world’s most complex problems. From climate action to social value, we consider the broadest impacts of our work. We strive to build a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable future. This purpose shapes our culture and has made us leaders in sustainable development. You’d be joining our multi-disciplinary design teams focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that create a better future for people, places, and the planet.
During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Design of Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) services within the built environment, with an emphasis on sustainable design
- Collaborate with clients, architects, engineers, and consultants to develop integrated solutions for complex buildings
- Perform engineering analysis and modelling, including whole building load calculations and energy analysis, façade thermal analysis, and airflow modelling
- Document system design in Revit MEP
- Communicate technical ideas to a broad range of audiences using various formats, including presentations and workshops
- Write reports documenting calculation methods and results, design assumptions, and other technical information
- The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work and exceptional organization skills required for our constantly evolving environment
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA or higher
- Coursework in HVAC design or heat transfer and thermodynamics, fluid dynamics
- Developing interest in the built-environment
- Proven leadership experience and time management skills
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way
- Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, eagerness to learn, teamwork, creativity, strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
- Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
- Must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
- Currently pursuing Master’s Degree in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering
- Passed Fundamentals of Engineering examination
- Membership in ASHRAE or ASME
- Coursework in Energy/thermal modeling experience, Revit or 3D modeling experience and/or sustainability
- Advanced computational modeling (e.g., CFD)
- Computer programming languages (e.g., Dynamo, Python, Grasshopper)
For over seven decades Arup has been at the forefront of the most ambitious and innovative design and engineering. From concert halls to national stadiums, renewable energy to driverless cars, we continue to add to that history every day.
- Second Avenue Subway
- Washington Union Station Renovation (DC)
- JFK Performing Art Center (DC)
- Child Safe (San Antonio, TX)
- DFW Terminal F (Texas)
Arup is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation. Should you require an accommodation in the job application or interview process please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.