Start Here, Go Anywhere!
Want to work for a company that invests in innovation and people who catalyze impact in the built environment? Arup is proud to be recognized by Fast Company in their third annual Best Workplaces for Innovators list, which honors businesses and organizations that demonstrate a deep commitment to encouraging innovation at all levels.
We find solutions for some of the world’s most complex problems. From climate action to social value, we consider the broadest impacts of our work. We strive to build a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable future. This purpose shapes our culture and has made us leaders in sustainable development. You’d be joining our multi-disciplinary design teams focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that create a better future for people, places, and the planet.
During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Prepare drawings detailing the systems designed. System design calculations
- System load calculations to establish equipment size
- Report writing, writing summaries of the calculation methodologies employed
- Attend meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues with them.
- Collaborate and coordinate with engineers of other disciplines, companies, and external consultants .
- Incorporate sustainable design methods in building
- Select equipment for use in building systems.
- Construction administration – Site visits, submittal reviews
- Assisting and preforming calculations for design specific piping systems for a variety of projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical, civil, sanitary, environmental or architectural engineering
- Mimimum 3.0 GPA or higher
- Coursework in fluid hydraulics/piping/fluid dynamics
- Proven interest in the built environment
- Ability to interface with clients
- Good time management habits, ability to multi-task, ability to sustain focus on long tasks
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way
- Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, eagerness to learn, teamwork, creativity
- Ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work and exceptional organization skills required for our constantly evolving environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
- Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
- Candidate must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
- Master’s Degree in mechanical, civil, sanitary, environmental or architectural engineering
- EIT/ FE certification
- Membership in ASPE or NFPA
- Courses in sustainability
- AutoCAD or Revit drafting skills
- Internship experience in engineering-related firm
- Evidence of past internship or extracurricular activity in the field
- Proven ability to perform in a paid work environment with intermittent supervision
- Past history of technical presentations and technical writing
- Evidence of personal investment in academic or extracurricular field
For over seven decades Arup has been at the forefront of the most ambitious and innovative design and engineering. From concert halls to national stadiums, renewable energy to driverless cars, we continue to add to that history every day.
- Commonspirit McNair Medical Tower
- Google Spruce Goose
- California Academy of Sciences
- USC Village
- UCSF Mission Bay Medical Center
We believe that flexible arrangements create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people. Options include alternative schedules, part-time or reduced hours schedule, and/or the ability to work remotely for a portion of your work week.
Upon joining Arup your journey is likely to be varied and rewarding, giving you the opportunity to make a positive difference in the world. Arup offers many benefits to eligible FT employees, some of which are outlined below:
- Global Profit Share – paid out bi-annually
- Personal Health Insurance
- 401(k) – with a dollar-for-dollar company match up to 10%
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional Membership and Certification reimbursement
Arup is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation. Should you require an accommodation in the job application or interview process please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com.