Start Here, Go Anywhere!
Want to work for a company that invests in innovation and people who catalyze impact in the built environment? Arup is proud to be recognized by Fast Company in their third annual Best Workplaces for Innovators list, which honors businesses and organizations that demonstrate a deep commitment to encouraging innovation at all levels.
We find solutions for some of the world’s most complex problems. From climate action to social value, we consider the broadest impacts of our work. We strive to build a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable future. This purpose shapes our culture and has made us leaders in sustainable development. You’d be joining our multi-disciplinary design teams focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that create a better future for people, places, and the planet.
During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Develop portions of fire and life safety strategies replace with contribute to the development of prescriptive and performance-based design strategies.
- Complete conceptual emergency evacuation and smoke management calculations
- Review drawings for conformance to the fire and life safety strategy
- Assist with fire modeling and dynamic egress modeling
- Assist with the development of structural fire calculations
- Assist senior engineers to help clients to incorporate fire and life safety strategy concepts into the design
- Participate in internal and external meetings
- Provide fire safety strategy for special hazards
- Assist with development with fire alarm and fire suppression design documents
- Ability to adapt to working with multiple teams, multiple offices- multidiscipline environment
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Fire Protection, Mechanical, Chemical or Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA or higher
- Professional demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skills in planning and organizing
- Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, eagerness to learn
- Must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
For over seven decades Arup has been at the forefront of the most ambitious and innovative design and engineering. From concert halls to national stadiums, renewable energy to driverless cars, we continue to add to that history every day.
- International African American Museum
- UCSF Medical Center at Mission Bay
- TSX Broadway, (Times Sq, Manhattan)
- UPMC Mercy Vision and Rehabilitation
- Mizkan America
- SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
Arup is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation. Should you require an accommodation in the job application or interview process please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.