Start Here, Go Anywhere!
Want to work for a company that invests in innovation and people who catalyze impact in the built environment? Arup is proud to be recognized by Fast Company in their third annual Best Workplaces for Innovators list, which honors businesses and organizations that demonstrate a deep commitment to encouraging innovation at all levels.
We find solutions for some of the world’s most complex problems. From climate action to social value, we consider the broadest impacts of our work. We strive to build a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable future. This purpose shapes our culture and has made us leaders in sustainable development. You’d be joining our multi-disciplinary design teams focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that create a better future for people, places, and the planet.
During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
Under the supervision of a licensed electrical engineer, responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Design power distribution, lighting controls, fire alarm, grounding and lightning protection systems with respect to buildings projects
- Electrical load calculations
- Short circuit, overcurrent coordination and arc flash studies
- Lighting photometric calculations
- Assign circuitry for Power and Lighting devices
- Technical report writing
- Work on projects using Revit MEP
- Give structure to ideas – lots of “taking a first pass” at spreadsheets, reports and analyses for discussion later rather than instruction
- Attend meetings and learn from listening, asking questions and discussion
- Work with people from other disciplines and/or vendors to gain knowledge on new subjects
- Attend meetings – listen, ask questions. Be involved in discussions with other disciplines and Architects to gain knowledge & experience.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or Bachelor Degree in Architectural Engineering (BSAE)
- Minimum 3.0 GPA or higher
- BSEE: coursework in electrical power systems design, control systems, electric machines
- BSAE: coursework in building systems design, electrical power systems design and codes and standards
- Demonstrated interest in the electrical engineering industry with an emphasis on the power side of the discipline
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Skills in planning and organizing
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way, both in person and in writing
- Attitude of taking independent initiative, exhibiting creative problem-solving, eagerness to learn, while remaining dedicated to teamwork
- The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work and exceptional organization skills required for our constantly evolving environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
- Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
- Candidate must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
- EIT/ FE certification
- BSEE: coursework in building systems design and codes and standards
- BSAE: coursework focusing on specialties within the construction side of the electrical engineering industry
- Academic research or testing with relevant focus
- Demonstrated interest in sustainability as evidenced by extracurricular activities, etc
- Academic research, coursework, or other experience with alternative energy systems and other technologies new to the construction industry
- Experience with Revit MEP, AutoCad, Autodesk MEP, AGI 32, SKM Power Tools
- Experience with automation or machine learning
- Proven ability to perform in a deadline situation
- Evidence of teamwork and leadership such as professional accomplishment or honor society
For over seven decades Arup has been at the forefront of the most ambitious and innovative design and engineering. From concert halls to national stadiums, renewable energy to driverless cars, we continue to add to that history every day.
- Little Island (NYC)
- OBO Curacao
- Apple Campus (CA)
Arup is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation. Should you require an accommodation in the job application or interview process please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com.