Start Here, Go Anywhere!
Want to work for a company that invests in innovation and people who catalyze impact in the built environment? Arup is proud to be recognized by Fast Company in their third annual Best Workplaces for Innovators list, which honors businesses and organizations that demonstrate a deep commitment to encouraging innovation at all levels.
We find solutions for some of the world’s most complex problems. From climate action to social value, we consider the broadest impacts of our work. We strive to build a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable future. This purpose shapes our culture and has made us leaders in sustainable development. You’d be joining our multi-disciplinary design teams focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that create a better future for people, places, and the planet.
During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Preparing and maintaining project design and construction schedules using a variety of scheduling software e.g. Primavera, MS Project plus interfaces with associated software e.g. @Risk, HCSS.
- Working with a team of professional estimators to extract cost, labor, material and other resources to load into schedules.
- Understanding the estimates that form the basis of the work being scheduled.
- Presenting simplified, easy to visualize schedule roll ups for high level management reporting.
- Performing quantity take-offs.
- Developing high-level and detailed construction cost estimates.
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Engineering; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA or higher
- Coursework in engineering, economics, business and/or applied math/sciences
- Knowledge of CAD Software and MS Office suite.
- The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work and exceptional organization skills required for our constantly evolving environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
- Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
- Must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
- Coursework in construction economics or construction management
- FE/EIT Certification, CCT/CST, LEED
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, MicroStation, Revit, Rhino, Primavera 6, Excel Financial Modeling techniques, VBA. Programming languages also a plus.
- Internship experience with a contractor, design firm, or cost consulting firm. Relevant experience across a variety of project types in both infrastructure and buildings e.g. rail, bridges, tunnels, large office/mixed use etc.
For over seven decades Arup has been at the forefront of the most ambitious and innovative design and engineering. From concert halls to national stadiums, renewable energy to driverless cars, we continue to add to that history every day.
- Second Avenue Subway
- Fulton Street Transit Center
- JetBlue Airway’s Terminal 5 at JFK Airport
- Renovation of Lincoln Center
Arup is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation. Should you require an accommodation in the job application or interview process please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com.