Start Here, Go Anywhere!
Want to work for a company that invests in innovation and people who catalyze impact in the built environment? Arup is proud to be recognized by Fast Company in their third annual Best Workplaces for Innovators list, which honors businesses and organizations that demonstrate a deep commitment to encouraging innovation at all levels.
We find solutions for some of the world’s most complex problems. From climate action to social value, we consider the broadest impacts of our work. We strive to build a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable future. This purpose shapes our culture and has made us leaders in sustainable development. You’d be joining our multi-disciplinary design teams focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that create a better future for people, places, and the planet.
During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Use Civil 3D or MicroStation software to layout roads, rail alignments, drainage systems and utility systems as well as site grading and earthwork designs
• Use Hydraulic modeling tools such as InfoWorks, Hydraflow and EPANET to analyze and design stormwater, sanitary and potable water systems
• Research and apply codes, specifications and standards for design of the above elements
• Coordinate with other disciplines to apply skills in delivering sustainable outcomes
• Apply understanding of all phases of the planning, design and construction process
• Research requirements of regulatory environment for gaining approval at different stages of project delivery
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment
• Engage with project stakeholders and clients to develop designs that meets needs and concerns
• Support development of report writing, calculation packages, and specifications
• Currently pursuing Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering
• Minimum 3.0 GPA or higher
• Sound knowledge of civil engineering fundamentals
• Experience with CAD drafting software
• Technical writing
• Professional demeanor
• Good communication skills essential for team-based working
• Ability to perform in a deadline-driven environment
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
• Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
• Must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
• Proficient with civil engineering design and analysis tools for roads, rail and/or water systems
• Knowledge of Civil 3D CAD software and MicroStation
• Evidence of personal investment in academic or extracurricular field
For over seven decades Arup has been at the forefront of the most ambitious and innovative design and engineering. From concert halls to national stadiums, renewable energy to driverless cars, we continue to add to that history every day. Notable projects from our Civil discipline include:
• Delta Sky Way at LAX
• LACMTA Crenshaw/LAX Transit Corridor
• Gerald Desmond Bridge replacement
• Texas Central High-Speed Rail
• UC Merced
• Loma Linda Replacement Hospital
• Bay Meadows
• Folsom Streetscapes
Arup is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation. Should you require an accommodation in the job application or interview process please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.