MUST BE A US CITIZEN. (Green Card Holders or Permanent Residents are not eligible)
This job is targeted to candidates who are currently in a master’s degree program or alums, who have minimum of 2-3 years of relevant work experience.
This is a U.S. Government civilian position working within the Department of the Army within the Program Executive Office Combat Support and Combat Service Support (PEO CS&CSS) at the U.S. Army Tank-automotive and Armaments Command Life Cycle Management Command (USA TACOM LCMC) in Warren, Ml. Individual will work as an Operations Research Analyst performing life cycle cost analysis on the Army’s premier ground combat support and soldier support systems. Operations Research Analysts use advanced mathematical and analytical methods to develop cost forecasting models, perform data analysis, and develop data visualizations to help the U.S. Army investigate complex issues, identify and solve problems, and make analysis informed decisions.
- Using data analytics and statistical analysis to support program decision-making, and to advise on the probable effects of alternate solutions to problems.
- Developing cost estimates for military systems using forecasting methods, such as regression, risk, uncertainty, and trend analysis.
- Collaborating with internal clients and subject matter experts.
- Convey findings to leadership through creating data visualizations such as Executive Dashboards and Power Point Presentations.
Must meet these requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- U.S. Citizen (Green Card Holders or Permanent Residents are not eligible)
- GPA 3.0 or higher
- 24 credit hours in topics related to rigorous methods of scientific inquiry and analysis (math/statistics/economics/engineering/etc.). 3 credit hours must be in Calculus.
- Must be able to pass a background check and obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Must submit a resume and unofficial transcripts to verify position requirement. Please submit both undergraduate and higher level transcripts if applicable. Transcripts are review to determine if candidate meets education requirements.
- Candidates that qualify for this position will have a minimum of 2-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
- Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience.
- Relevant experience will be determine by reviewing for:
- Utilizing a variety of complex mathematical, scientific, statistical, and data analysis techniques to analyze program/resource requirements and compare the merits of alternative course of action or technical solutions;
- Applying cost estimating methods and techniques to devise computer models to forecast program costs;
- Analyzing and/or synthesizing complex data from various sources to design and carry out project approaches and prepare reports, study papers, and briefings on assigned studies/projects;
- Knowledge and use of data analysis, data visualization or cost estimating software. (Examples: R, Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, ACEIT, Crystal Ball, @Risk, Excel (more advanced coding, pivot tables, statistical analysis, etc); or
- Demonstrated skill in written and oral communication sufficient to present concepts and concept development plans to leaders.
Salary / Career Progression:
- This is a NH-02 AcqDemo position targeted to a General Schedule (GS) Level 11 (GS-11) equivalent salary range.
- Current GS-11 salary range is: $70,989-$92,290.
- Employees are eligible for annual pay increases and/or competitive promotions.
- Starting salary may be higher depending on work experience and/or education.
- Flexible work schedule options with regular days off.
- Teleworking options based on current policy and supervisory approval.
- Paid Federal Holidays and generous leave policies.
- Employees are entitled to up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Federal Employee Retirement System (FERS) retirement benefit plan.
- TSP (government 401k) with employer matching.
- Federal Employee health benefits including medical, vision, and dental.
- Federal Employee Group Life Insurance.
- Paid training, education, career development and tuition reimbursement opportunities.
- Additional details on OPM.gov.
The referral list generated by this announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies within PEO CS&CSS and the TACOM community.
Candidates must also be highly motivated and possess good analytical and problem solving skills. Good oral and written communication skills are a must. The positions are challenging and the level of responsibility is only limited by desire. Please bring resume and unofficial transcripts to the interview.