The Therapeutic team at Arbor Biotechnologies is seeking a Research Associate (RA)/Senior Research Associate (SRA) interested in advancing novel therapeutic gene-editing products to the patients. The Senior RA, Translational Sciences, will have a rare opportunity to work at the cross section of technology and therapeutics. The successful candidate will work in the Target Validation and Characterization team to advance targets towards in vivo disease modeling and preclinical development. This role will have exposure to several teams at Arbor, focusing on leveraging gene editing tools to develop curative products.
- Perform mammalian and primary cell culture
- Perform cellular transfections to deliver novel CRISPR-based gene editing systems
- Design and conduct cell-based assays and biochemical assays
- Document and analyze experimental data
- Communicate results effectively at cross-functional meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, molecular biology, or related field with 1-2 years relevant experience or Master’s degree in biology, molecular biology, or related field
- Proficiency with mammalian cell culture and aseptic techniques
- Demonstrated research experience designing experiments and analyzing data
- Scientific understanding, strong work ethic and organizational skills
- Highly motivated with a growth mindset
- Cellular and molecular assays like nucleic acid isolation, qPCR, ELISA and immunocytochemistry
- Gene manipulation including transfection and transduction
- NGS and high-throughput data analysis.
Our values govern the work we do at Arbor, and we’re hoping that they resonate as strongly with you as they do with us!
- Astonishingly Connected: The best work happens when we do it together. At Arbor, we believe strong, clear communication is crucial to our success and emboldens collaboration in all of us.
- Our People are Gems: And we treat each other as such by celebrating our growth and development. We invest in our team and encourage everyone to have both a learners mindset and a willingness to teach others.
- Remarkably Mighty: You’ll be intrigued when you take a closer look at Arbor. We approach our work with integrity and thoughtfulness. We are brave, which leads us to take smart risks and make bold discoveries.
- Authenticity is Encouraged: From eating cheese puffs with chopsticks, to doing cartwheels on our balance beam, we’re all about embracing your true self and showing up as you really are. Our differences make us extraordinary.
Arbor Biotechnologies is proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.